The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Advice please, how deep is my underfloor heating??? in the Tiling over Electric Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor
A

Ashleynorris

Hi all,

I own a flat which has electric underfloor heating throughout ontop of concrete floor, i currently have vinyl wood effect planks fitted throughout and I'm pulling the current flooring to put carpet in. My question is how far below the surface is the electric wire and can I hammer the carpet grippers in as normal or is it likely I'll hit the heating wires?? Would using something like gripfill be strong enough to hold the grippers ?

I look forward to your input.
I have seen under the vinyl plank and it looks like chip board if that helps identify what method was used to install ? I have attached a picture of the floor

Regards
Ash

DSC_1834.JPG

B

Bill

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yes, use a gripfill type adhesive.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
4,588 20
Best bet would be to use Bostick Sticks Like Turbo, sets in 15 mins and sticks anything to everything.

Reply to Advice please, how deep is my underfloor heating??? in the Tiling over Electric Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

UK Pro Tiling Training
UK Pro Tiling Training
Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.