Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Advice on tiling work carried out - raised patio in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello, as a novice, I need some advice. Our landscapers have been doing a fantastic job so far with our back garden. We’ve come home today to the first tiles being laid on the raised patio they created. We had discussed the patio size, and agreed the rough size of the final patio to allow for the size of the tiles and space between tiles (as few cuts as possible). However, as you can see there is a large gap at the fence side, which increases in size the further you go down the garden. On the opposite side, the overhang of the tiles increase the further you get along. At its furthest corner, the over hang will be 8cm.

My questions are:

Have the builders made some mistakes in their measurements of the patio area? My assumption is that is also not square.

Would you be happy with the small cut at the back, going all the way along?

Is the overhang (8cm) too large at the far end?

If you feel there have been some mistakes made here, what do you feel would be the right remedy in this situation?

Just to add that the company have a fantastic record on checkatrade, and also I’ve seen lot of their finished work (pictures) on their website and other sites - it is great. However, this has surprised us.
F5546F2D-9490-4BC8-82CA-FC2B38CF169E.jpeg

Reply to Advice on tiling work carried out - raised patio in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock