Discuss Advice on the best laser Level for tiling in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

SimonJC

TF
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I have just joined this forum as I’m going to train as a tiler, having changed careers completely.

I’ve been looking at the Bosch GTL 3 and the Dewalt DW089k. The Bosch seems to have the ability for 45 degrees whereas i don’t think the Dewalt does, however the Dewalt seems like it would be better for jobs other than tiling too.

Please can I have any feedback on these and your advice?

Many thanks

O

Old Mod

Hi and welcome to the forum Simon.

The lasers you mentioned have similarities, but they are aimed at different markets.

The Bosch is predominately a floor laser, and the dewalt is a wall and floor laser.

I appreciate the Bosch is shown using the 45o on the wall, but it ends there.

Given the choice between those two, the dewalt will be of far more use to you.

Q

Qwerty

I agree with @3_fall that the Dewalt would IMO be the better choice. As you're starting out you may want to look at the Stabila LAX50 which is a great bit of kit for someone starting up

S

Spare Tool

Welcome Simon, I don't think you can go far wrong with a PLS ft 90 for floors, its like a chalk line John...only so much better ;)

L

LM

Welcome Simon as above you won’t go wrong with either of those and shop about as prices vary hugely.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
PLS180 for walls and PLS FT90 for floors.
Not used others but would hate to be without them.

W

White Room

I confirm, leica is an excellent laser, too bad that I'm always late with the models.
it does not yet produce 360 ° lasers, if at the beginning it is still red.

yes red is the one I have but served me well for number of years.

Reply to Advice on the best laser Level for tiling in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks