Discuss Advice on repairing 3 tiles in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hello. I need your help again please. I'm due to remove this 3 cracked tiles which have cracked for the third time after having replaced them 3 times (picture). I'm not planning to re-tile the entire floor but just the 3 always-cracking-tiles. What would you recommend to do? What should I install below those 3 tiles to prevent cracks forming, considering that the floor around it won't be touched? If I use an uncoupling sheet for them it won't be levelled in relation to the rest of the floor. What do you think? The subfloor is made from concrete.
Thanks!

Attachments

• tKcj4HRQ8z.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 16

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
until you figure out what is causing the cracking you cannot fix the problem. theyve cracked in the same place 3 times. if you dont figure out why and fix it then youll simply be replacing them again a 4th time. As Dave says.... ift the tiles, see whats happening underneath and go from there

Reaction score
:)
Thanks. But what if the concrete slab underneath them is cracked? Will I have to remove all the tiles or can I fix the problem of this 3 by using a flexible sealer or something like this?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If the concrete is cracked repair the crack with a proprietary repair system like kr516 from uzin

Reply to Advice on repairing 3 tiles in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks