Discuss Advice on regrouting/sealing in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

AlexSW

Hello,

I'm a novice to tiling and I'm looking for some advice on a problem I'm having.

I'm trying to tackle some old grouting and sealant in my bathroom that has gone mouldy. Tried covering it up with some grout and silicon replenisher type product from Unibond, which has worked in parts but not everywhere.

Decided the worst bits I would regrout and reseal.

Between two of the tiles there is sealant rather than grout, which I've removed, and I am now left with a gap around 1cm in width and around 1.5cm deep and it covers 3 tiles, around 40cm long. I'm wondering what the best thing to do in this situation? Could I grout it or should I use silicone sealant, similar to how it was done previously, or is there any other options I haven't considered?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Alex

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
That's quite a large gap to fill. Some grouts are usable up to15mm. Would probably go with a silicone sealant being more flexible, with that sort of gap. ( if in a place, not to visually intrusive). If you can post a photo, it would help, in obtaining a more considered response, to the specific situation. Cheers the noo.

Reply to Advice on regrouting/sealing in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks