Discuss Advice on lifting kitchen floor tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Q

quackfly

hey guys, been asked to look at a kitchen floor that needs tiled, the kitchen units are on top the existing tiles, will it be possile to remove the tiles without disturbing the units too much do you think?

S

strummerman

are the units on adjustable legs if so can you not wind them up at a few at a time to remove tiles

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Plinths off.

Tiles up

Maybe self level??

Re-tile

As easy as that.
But we all know its never that straight forward :smilewinkgrin:

Q

quackfly

so remove tiles and squeeze new ones underneath? what happens if i need to apply slc thus raising the height?

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You can self level and run it just under the units :thumbsup:

Check to see if the white goods (washing machine etc etc) will still fit :thumbsup:

Q

quackfly

sorry for asking dopey questions, if i self level the tiles wont fit under the supporting uprights of the units would i just have to cut tiles round them all?

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
yes mate you will have to cut round them,,,,im afraid its as simple as this if they aint removin the kitchen which has been fitted on top of tiles there will be a compromise somewhere with the fitting of new tiles,,lift all tiles ,,a bolster n hammer and an angle grinder will come in handy for cutting out difficult peices..good luck:thumbsup:

T

TheWrightTiler

an sds drill with tile removing chisel from screwfix will speed up the job mate but if the original tiles are under the legs then you will need to cut away the tiles with a grinder and do your best to cut round, the kickplate will hise a lot

andy

Reply to Advice on lifting kitchen floor tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks