Discuss advice on cleaning adhesive from nonslip tiles in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

mfj_02

-
Reaction score
Hi

I laid some non slip porcelain paving in my garden on a concrete bed with dunlop cf-03 tile adhesive. Unfortunately I got some of the adhesive on the surface of the tiles and let it set. Any advice on how to remove these marks?

I have tried:
Scraping of as much as I can
Using an alkali cleaner to break down the polymer
Using an acid cleaner (grout haze cement remover) to remove the cement
Used a stiff brush on a drill

Open to options as its outside. will a steam cleaner work? or a jet wash?

Photos attached

IMG_0393.PNG

IMG_0394.PNG

Reaction score
Try using a stanley knife and carefully pick it away (like try to get the blade under the dried blob of adhesive).... if it's a big dollop, carefully use a sharp chisel and work it off, if you bang the palm of you hand on the end of the chisel the whole dollop can come off in one go.... Just be careful!

Reaction score
Try giving their technical line a ring and see whatthey suggest.
Failing that give Ltp a ring 01823 667242 ask for a sample of solved and Grimex, follow tech data sheet instructions extract when donewith a sponge and cleanwater Do NOt rinseof as this will spread residues and will reseton porcelain.
It may be your answer

Reply to advice on cleaning adhesive from nonslip tiles in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks