Discuss Advice needed with tiling over formica/laminate kitchen worktop in a persimmon new build. in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

MattB

TF
Reactions
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don’t rate ur chances of granite transformations being very competitive. I had a customer who had a quote from them, I managed to supply 20mm quartz tops for less than they quoted!
So how much for my size of worktop?!

W

Waluigi

As already mentioned- 6mm Hardiebacker, glued and screwed, taped and filled. Not that I’m an expert on Laminate worktop tiling though.

Speaking about the curve you mentioned.....??

Are you talking about the bullnose? I’d rip it off with a Plunge saw and board it.

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reactions
172 1
I remember doing tiled tops 25-30 years ago, looked naff then and even more naff now.
Replace laminate with quartz with a sink and hob cutout wud be approx £1.2-1.5k but you'd have a worktop that’ll look great forever.

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
204 1
Nice bit of quartz on this one but as everything in life you get what you paid for . Kop

20180806_142136.jpg

Last edited:
O

On one

On a similar customer diy project I came across earlier last year...mmmm

20180410_145201.jpg 20180410_145132.jpg

Reply to Advice needed with tiling over formica/laminate kitchen worktop in a persimmon new build. in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

Click here to support the forum/remove ads
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.