Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Advice needed re tiling job in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

R

Roddy

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi

I have just had a bathroom re done and the bathroom done. Job took 4 weeks instead of the agreed 2 weeks.

I’m not happy with the tile and wanted to get an expert opinion.

Firstly the tiles are not straight on lots of them. (Edges sticking with shadows at night) and the grout is flaky, patchy, different depths and different shades of white throughout.

Would you accept this quality and release payment? If not what would your recommendation be?

Roddy

1CE84C5D-4CC5-4029-8395-BB7BCC32AF88.jpeg B0EB4ADA-3A5C-43C8-97BB-B9EAA8D90C3C.jpeg F528003E-E459-4162-8D07-0CBE6974C211.jpeg 120CCC10-9C3B-47C4-9790-8597125D4F5F.jpeg 4795463E-E44A-4969-9AF5-CECA9D1EDB8E.jpeg 63369C7D-72DB-49A7-87EE-A109CB34E06D.jpeg 5B88EC6A-5A75-458C-AB50-2BD50CAD0BBA.jpeg

Reaction score
The tile looks shocking and you can see those lipped tiles your on about,but what's not helping matter is the shadow that is been cast by the downlight above your shower head.Yes I would definitely hold on to your cash until the tile has been sorted out whilst also have that downlight moved somewhere other than above the showerhead.

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Have you got any spare tiles? Can you post a picture of 2 face to face?

Bowed tiles was my first thought.

OP
R

Roddy

Tiles look fine . See pic.

Update:

They came back today to do more grouting. Is it just me or is this a poor job?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

OP
S

Spare Tool

If it were the tiles everyone would be lipped, there are areas that look ok..granted they are far and few between. Would more suspect it to be crap walls, no prep and maybe a blob or two on the back of each tile.. Any pictures of the prep?

OP
W

WetSaw

The tiles do have a bit of a bow in them which will exasperate the lippage problem, particularly with half bond.
That said, the preparation doesn't appear too thorough.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Tiles slightly dip in each corner, so you would probably get a slight lip , but most are not slight lips.
They have tiled on ply on the window wall, I can’t see any primer on the old sand lime walls either, unless it was done after .
Bit ropey really

Reply to Advice needed re tiling job in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock