Discuss Advice needed on job finished today please in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Just Rizzle

it seems to me that you are exaggerating
if you have any unnecessary comments to make in this trend
it is better to go to the appropriate section. (Arm)
thank you
may i offer my most sincere condolences to your country from the devastating disaster in Genoa. my heart goes out to your country.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
so am i not allowed to make justifiable comments that are valid questions .
you have done a great job 100 times better than the original.
but just think about what i have said with out the red mist
Ray, if you want to go into the in's and out's of how a kitchen splash back should be tiled, then why don't you Start your OWN thread instead of hijacking this one!!!

O

One Day

so am i not allowed to make justifiable comments that are valid questions .
you have done a great job 100 times better than the original.
but just think about what i have said with out the red mist

My two-penneth: Sometimes comments and observations are helpful, sometimes they aren't.
In this case, it would have been helpful had it been a novice job or you had full view of the entire area.
Andy is definitely not a novice, so we know without doubt that his set out is the best it could have been, and you simply weren't there to take in the whole picture.
For the above reasons, I would say the comment was unhelpful not very well thought-through, particularly as the customer is on this thread too!
All I'm saying is we (all) should think three times before we hit "post reply". :)

T

Tile Shop

if that was my walls i would prefer to have 2 small slithers than the centre piece of the work the focal point out of alignment you can always hide the slithers behind some pots etc you can never hide the focal point.

did you try measuring it 50mm to the left or right of centre another way you could of disguised it is by having the 2nd course as the 1st this would of taken the line of the hob away from the 1st course line.

all im doing is giving my observations to your pictures and my view to help people improve there craft.

Haha.... Ray "not just a tiler but a master in the art of feng shui for pots and kettles". Fair enough you say if it was your wall. But you try telling a customer "i'm gonna do a dodgy cut here if you don't mind sticking your cookie jar in front of it"

Sorry but you have come across as pretty arrogant.... And to top it all you think you can help an experienced tiler "improve his craft". Maybe you should start a tiling school for the over 40's.

@Andy Allen, good job. Metros not to everyones taste but i like them. Vast improvement.

Reaction score
...can't believe no bites!

Good job done in the end.

Shame how the simple jobs / splashbacks can go so wrong, and cause so much trouble.
& at the original price I could've driven down myself to do it and still made good money.

J

Just Rizzle

Haha.... Ray "not just a tiler but a master in the art of feng shui for pots and kettles". Fair enough you say if it was your wall. But you try telling a customer "i'm gonna do a dodgy cut here if you don't mind sticking your cookie jar in front of it"

Sorry but you have come across as pretty arrogant.... And to top it all you think you can help an experienced tiler "improve his craft". Maybe you should start a tiling school for the over 40's.

@Andy Allen, good job. Metros not to everyones taste but i like them. Vast improvement.
to me the dodgy cut is right in front of you and as i like balance it would do my head in. and as for finding me arrogant i probably am so what you dont pay my bills

Reply to Advice needed on job finished today please in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks