Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Advice Needed On Cleaning Newly Discovered Tile Floor Please in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi, after ripping up some tatty laminate floor in the hall of our 1930s house we ve discovered a red, cream and black diamond patterned tiled floor. Under the laminate some muppet had previously covered up the tiles with glued down vinyl floor tiles (why?? God only knows). We ve managed to scrape up the vinyl tiles with white spirit and lots of elbow grease. The tiles are still dirty and have lots of glue residue still on them and I don t really want to go any further without advice, worried the tiles are porous and don t want to use white spirit anymore in case it soaks in. Any advice on cleaning, re-grouting and sealing would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance Girty (ps the tiles are matt, not glazed)

OP
S

swanman

Great advise Marble Tony i would like to do one of your courses

What do you think of concrete polishing

OP
S

swanman

Steam cleaning is a very good solution using it along side all the cleaning products

OP
M

MARBLE_TONY

Concrete Polishing I love the possibilities of what can be achieved whether it is just a straight forward polish or stenciling in colours or logo's. Like a lot of things in this country we are slow on taking on new things but in general I think it will be the next "big" thing to come into the country although at the moment a lot of "commercial" properties are starting to embrace it as I have seen down the road from us at a local B&Poo although it is IMO to a poor standard. Have attached a photo of of a customers kitchen we did but in this case she did not want the full "Gloss" look which IMO was a mistake and the photo does not do it justice as in "real" life in person looked like a sheet of granite.

OP
M

MARBLE_TONY

polish concrete.JPG

This was prior to the final buffing stage to clean any excess "dust" off hence you can see some footmarks in it. Was Coloured "black" but took a couple of shades of it as she didn't want it "midnight" black and she took the"fast" system but we advised on the "terrazzo effect" system but due to budget descided against it we also offer a "premium" polishing system as well.

OP
J

jonnyc

If its not too big an area,I would try a small area with nitromrs paint stripper. This is stronger than most cleaners .i have cleaned many Edwardian tessellated floors in this fashion with this sort of staining.lithfin wax off also good for glue removal

afright

TF
Reaction score
I restored an old teracotta floor and used Nitro mors paint stripper it came up a treat and after sealing them it look brand new.

Reaction score
I would suggest you try these. If you have basic tile flooring care so do Sweep or vacuum the floor daily and mop the floor with warm water and then dry the floor after this do clean up spills promptly and Clean the dirtier spills with disinfectant.

Reply to Advice Needed On Cleaning Newly Discovered Tile Floor Please in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock