Discuss Advice for mosaic and porcelain in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

I'm glad you have steered away from the mosaic band which is in my opinion, old fashioned ! I know the porcelanosa tiles you are referring to as I'm fitting some myself in a few weeks. I would make the wall as good as possible before starting to avoid having to try and build out adhesive etc. Standard setting s1 adhesive will be a good all rounder for you.

D

Dumbo

I'm glad you have steered away from the mosaic band which is in my opinion, old fashioned ! I know the porcelanosa tiles you are referring to as I'm fitting some myself in a few weeks. I would make the wall as good as possible before starting to avoid having to try and build out adhesive etc. Standard setting s1 adhesive will be a good all rounder for you.
I agree with you as old fashioned , if the tile shop think their tiles are boring and need dressing up they shouldn't be selling them , personally I think they only do it to make extra money because I'm sure the margins are better maybe not percentage wise but certainly in monetary value .

Sludd

TF
Reaction score
Thanks guys - my previous reply had to be approved by a moderator, so you may have missed it - I've pasted it below just in case:

Just use a plasterer's darby to skim the dip?

And I assume, once that adhesive dries, it won't affect the adhesion of the tiles being laid on top of that dried adhesive? Should I create a keyed surface??

A skim layer might also help a little to make sure I get full adhesive coverage anyway, from a waterproofing point of view - or am I overthinking now...

Last edited:

Reply to Advice for mosaic and porcelain in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks