Discuss Advice for attaching shower splashguard to floor with silicone in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I have a custom 1/2 tempered glass splash guard 59 long by 64 tall. I plan on attaching it to the wall with 3 clamps and only silicone to attach to the heated floor. No cross member to steady the free corner of the panel. I realize it's probably not ideal to do this however I'm looking for the best silicone option to immobilize the panel. To reduce the weight I will be trimming off a triangle piece of glass starting at about 36 inches from the wall at the top angling to the bottom at about the 24 inch mark at the free side. Any suggestions for the best mold resistance and strong silicone to use?

Reaction score
Hi
Have you considered using clear, Sticks like S@!£? It does as it says on the tin and its completely waterproof. 🙂
Once its set you could trim the excess from the edges then apply the silicone along both edges.

Reply to Advice for attaching shower splashguard to floor with silicone in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks