Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Advice for 100m2 Home in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

S

Sheldon Overs

Please checkout the following advertisement.
All

I have a house which has block and beam with 2 depths of space to play with for Water UFH.

I have either a 55mm screed or a 85mm screed (house on 2 levels). I have dug holes so I can see what I have but not dug up all the screed yet. I also have timber suspended too but this I guess is far simpler to decide what to do.

So I have concrete block and beam with 55mm depth to play with what system would you do? 10mm insulation and self leveling screed?

85mm? 30mm insulation and self leveling screed?

Or should I really be going for these thin overlay systems? If so which one and what build up? On a positive note the Mrs is happy with tiles everywhere bar the living room which is perfect for UFH.

I hear so much conflicting advice with regard to insulation, but I REALLY want UFH, we are fully refurbishing house (Elec,Water,Decoration)

Thanks All for this

Sheldon

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

Dumbo

Just to get this straight do not have any insulation on top of the block and beam as it is . Also are you going to dig up your existing screed .

OP
S

Sheldon Overs

Thanks for the reply.

I have block and beam with screed ontop, no insulation above (unsure about below but I doubt it). I will dig u the screed to give the above depths before I hit the concrete (I only have 30-50mm screed)

I know half people say mad not to have any insulation and others say fine. But I can get 20mm insulation in with bekotec-therm (40mm)in some rooms, and then 50mm insulation with bekotec-therm (40m) in others.

Reply to Advice for 100m2 Home in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock