Discuss Adhesives for Ditra and Porcelain in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

PJPro

TF
Reaction score
Hi All.

I am about to start tiling my hall. The floor is concrete & screed. The plan is to prime the slab with APD, bond the Ditra matting to the slab with Mapei Keraquick S1 and then use Mapei Mapeker to bond the large format porcelain tiles to the Ditra.

I am confused about the modified/unmodified guidance from Schulter depending on whether you are US or EU based. Will my planned adhesives be OK or should I be using something else?

Regards, Phill

Last edited:
Q

Qwerty

Why not use Keraquick for the lot? Mapeker is fine, but not as good an adhesive IMO. Just follow the UK fitting spec and you wont go wrong.
When you say large format are you referring to thin porcelain or just large tiles?

PJPro

TF
Reaction score
Tiles are about 10mm thick. 400 x 600

Mapeker is much cheaper than Keraquick, hence the decision to use Mapeker (if it is suitable)

Reaction score
I did the Schluter course recently and their advice is to ignore what's on the US website about using a non-modified thinset to stick Ditra down. Here in the UK they advise using an adhesive that's suitable for the substrate it's going down onto.

Reply to Adhesives for Ditra and Porcelain in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks