Discuss Adhesive Thickness in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Looking for a bit of help.

I am tiling with 900mm x 150mm porcelain floor tiles with a thickness of 9 mm. They will be tiled on top of solid ply sheet that has been tanked.

Most advice given on floor tile adhesive thickness seems to be based on tiles that are 600 x 300 or 300 x 300. Due to the above dimensions can someone recommend the correct adhesive thickness for for these tiles

Reaction score
It's not the adhesive "thickness" that's important, rather you need to use the trowel that gives the coverage on the back of the tile. This will depend on the tile, especially if your plank tiles have a bow in them. At a guess I'd say a 10mm or 12mm would be a good place to start. I'd also recommend skimming a thin bed of adhesive on the back of the tile.
Ideally you'd lay a tile, then lift it and check coverage on the back. If it's insufficient then try a different trowel.

View: https://youtu.be/Way5bMh-eYg

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
How did you get on?

Reply to Adhesive Thickness in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks