Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Adhesive + grout recommendations for bathroom tiling in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi
Which https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ + grout brand/color is best recomendeded for bathroom
Walls- light beige ceramic 250x500mm
Border - glass mosiac - dark brown/steel
Floor - dark brown ceramics 450x450mm
Thanks

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
What are you tile onto?

Are you a professional tiler? (noticed your username)
If you are, you should really know this - if you aren't, you should perhaps change your username so you don't mislead potential customers of other tilers on here.

OP
M
Reaction score
Firstly most likely marmox/pb
Secondley i have already explained my situation/experience to you @Dan specificley in another post
Thirdly since you had (noticed the username ) suprised you hadnt noticed that i had not sent you a email or message saying that im a tile business or anything similar also that if i was looking for customers you would have noticed that i dont have any business number/info on my profile for me to be givving to "potential customers of tilers on here".
And should i recive such a offer from a customer i shall be the 1st one to send them to you.
Lastley i thouhht this was a forum about "tile" so the name isue you have is baffling to me.
Also just for your piece of mind even if i was an established expericed tiler i woudnt be hunting for customers on here. Hope this clears things up :cool:

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
lots of good adhesives & grouts to pick from, it will eventually come down to personal preference.

Tilemaster Setaflex is a good https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and i'd use it on every job but suppliers are short here and one recently closed down which leaves me with one supplier that isn't quite trade prices. Their grout and silicone are good also so i'd check for them first if you can get them local.

I also use BAL and recently starting using some Mapei, if there is a good offer on that will also sway me as to what i use especially with BAL as it can be a bit pricey.

Most of these brands have a good grout selection colour also, for your situation i'd probably use a white slow set https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/, white grout for the walls and for the floor i'm not sure without seeing the tiles, i normally push for a grey on the floor but TM (and others) have some browns that may tie in better.

Good luck and let us know how you get on with whatever you choose :thumbsup:

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks @Tony_C glad to hear some good advice rather than questioning peoples abilty/experience and motive like some.others on this post.
I have heard good things about TM but never used it have only realy tried mapei which the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ is fine but wasnt 100% on their grout.
The floor i was thinking some shade of brown dont want to contrast it with light color on floor incase of it getting dirty. Will try uploading pics of tiles imabit.
Thanks

D

Dumbo

Firstly most likely marmox/pb
Secondley i have already explained my situation/experience to you @Dan specificley in another post
Thirdly since you had (noticed the username ) suprised you hadnt noticed that i had not sent you a email or message saying that im a tile business or anything similar also that if i was looking for customers you would have noticed that i dont have any business number/info on my profile for me to be givving to "potential customers of tilers on here".
And should i recive such a offer from a customer i shall be the 1st one to send them to you.
Lastley i thouhht this was a forum about "tile" so the name isue you have is baffling to me.
Also just for your piece of mind even if i was an established expericed tiler i woudnt be hunting for customers on here. Hope this clears things up :cool:
Chill just a little .

Reply to Adhesive + grout recommendations for bathroom tiling in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock