Discuss Adhesive for anticrack matting in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

On one

6mm for mats for me, 4mm is hard to get coverage
When I first used Schluter Ditra years ago(with Schluter's own 4mm mosaic trowel) I did query with Schluter that I wasn't able to get anywhere near 100% contact. There reply was, basically ......''not to worry,it's not supposed to be''

D

Dumbo

With a cavity mat if you use to much adhesive and it gets into the structure of the mat it loses it effectiveness as a movement membrane

Reaction score
Hi they are the overlay boards from poly pipe.the mat is the orange mat from tile easy, I primed and stuck down with a 4mm notched trowel peeled bits back to check for coverage all is good. Used rapid set to lay it then standard to lay tiles. The mat is really good defo going to use a mat again. Customer isn’t overjoyed he has to fork out another 400£ but prep is everything I say

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I charge around £5 m2 for matting, you can lay easy , really easy 50m2 in a day on your Todd .
And in a small room, just use rapid and tile same day just adds a few hours onto your day

Reply to Adhesive for anticrack matting in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks