Discuss Adhesive for 9mm ceramic tiles? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Well I finally plucked up the courage to complete the tiling and even if I say it myself, I think I did ok. Now only have the grouting to do. Is there a recommended white grout to use in a shower area alongside the Mapei P9 adhesive I've used? I was looking at BAL Micromax 2 which seems to be a general multi use grout. Or is there something more water resistant? Will post a picture once I've completed the grouting and the floor tiles :)
That grout will be fine. đź‘Ť

Reaction score
That grout will be fine. đź‘Ť
Hi Dave. I finally finished this job in between watching grandkids and trying to keep up with the overgrowing garden. I just wanted to say thanks for all the previous advice and post some pictures as promised. Do let me know what you think - good or bad - we're always learning! I really enjoyed this project as I was quoted between 5000 and 6800 for the refit when I was still in work last year. When I was made redundant, I decided to do it myself and completed it for between 2800-3000 quid (not sure exactly as all those 5 or 6 quids at Screwfix soon mount up). Anyway thanks again mate. All the help was much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20210623_085936.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210623_085854.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210623_085959.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210623_085908.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 8

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi Dave. I finally finished this job in between watching grandkids and trying to keep up with the overgrowing garden. I just wanted to say thanks for all the previous advice and post some pictures as promised. Do let me know what you think - good or bad - we're always learning! I really enjoyed this project as I was quoted between 5000 and 6800 for the refit when I was still in work last year. When I was made redundant, I decided to do it myself and completed it for between 2800-3000 quid (not sure exactly as all those 5 or 6 quids at Screwfix soon mount up). Anyway thanks again mate. All the help was much appreciated.
Looks the biz that. We’ll done 👍

Reply to Adhesive for 9mm ceramic tiles? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks