Discuss Adhesive advice - tiles fallen from walls in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

On one

Again......not defending the tiler, but it might just be that the 3 tiles that were replaced were dot&dabbed.......highly unlikely though!
The scenario could've been that all the tiler had in the back of the van on that day was ready mixed tubbed adhesive, but it doesn't take much to get hold of a bag of rapid adhesive.

D

Dumbo

Again......not defending the tiler, but it might just be that the 3 tiles that were replaced were dot&dabbed.......highly unlikely though!
The scenario could've been that all the tiler had in the back of the van on that day was ready mixed tubbed adhesive, but it doesn't take much to get hold of a bag of rapid adhesive.
Had same thoughts a you but you can see corner tiles which are grouted are fixed in same manner

O

On one

So the tiles become loose.......they were replaced........and those tiles dropped off???
Something fishy!
Can anyone identify the substrate?

D

Dumbo

Might be an idea to ask the instalation company of a method statement of how they fixed the tiles

S

SJPurdy

I have asked the owner but he has fobbed me off somewhat, blaming the tiles I bought.

Would you advise having ALL tiles in the bathroom removed? (even those on other walls, not around the bath, and floor??)

Why does the owner claim the tiles are to blame? IF there was something wrong with them why did they fix them?

If all the wall tiles are fixed in a similar way then surely they can all potentially fall off; therefore they should all be removed and then the tiling redone properly. If the bath has been damaged then this will make it easier/possible to replace as well.

As for the floor, if it looks good then ask for full details/specification of the preparation and fixing methods and post them here to get an opinion as to if this is correct.

K

Katie30

Might be an idea to ask the instalation company of a method statement of how they fixed the tiles
To add to the situation I've been told that the tiler who did the other half of the job has now been sacked..so I may not know what kind of a mess is behind those tiles unless they're removed

K

Katie30

Why is the tile below the missing one not grouted
I have noticed the grout between other tiles is starting to crack. Is this normal?

IMG_5979.JPG

Reply to Adhesive advice - tiles fallen from walls in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damian
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks