Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss ADESILEX P9 Over Ditra in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United States of America
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi Guys.
tile a floor next week over a suspended timber subfloor. I'm first putting Ditra down with an S2 https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ over the ply, then tile a limestone floor. Whats you're opinions on using Mapei Adesilex p9 ontop of the ditra to stick the stone?

Q

Qwerty

I'm not sure if I remember correctly or not but don't Schluter recommend not using an S2??

O

One Day

On a timber floor Ardex AF200 or the like is far superior for adhering Ditra imo

Think you might struggle to get it right now. There have been some problems reported with AF200 (but not publicised)
I've used on good new timber floors with no issues though.

L

LM

Think you might struggle to get it right now. There have been some problems reported with AF200 (but not publicised)
I've used on good new timber floors with no issues though.
I often use different brands tbh Mapei VS90 plus being one. Any of the main flooring brands equivalent adhesives do the same job. Ardex only recommend a couple of brands because they haven’t tested any others but I have.
What type of problems are being ‘rumoured’?

O

One Day

I often use different brands tbh Mapei VS90 plus being one. Any of the main flooring brands equivalent adhesives do the same job. Ardex only recommend a couple of brands because they haven’t tested any others but I have.
What type of problems are being ‘rumoured’?

Not staying stuck!

L

LM

Not staying stuck!
Well that’s obvious.:rolleyes:I thought you might have heard something more specific as to why.
Could be something as silly as someone using it on screeds not dry enough or releasing agents on the ply.

O

One Day

Well that’s obvious.:rolleyes:I thought you might have heard something more specific as to why.
Could be something as silly as someone using it on screeds not dry enough or releasing agents on the ply.

You know how poor UK screeds and concrete floors can be. So following the instructions on the pot, they go and use it on unprimed, dusty, massively uneven floors and low and behold - the Ditra isn't stuck at all.
It's basically not idiot-proof.

O

One Day

In that case the AF200 hasn’t failed it just typical plonkers not following basic principles.

I always thought, from it's launch that it wasn't suitable for screeds and concrete. Timber definitely though.

L

LM

I always thought, from it's launch that it wasn't suitable for screeds and concrete. Timber definitely though.
From my flooring background I know that for these types of adhesives to be successful on screed/concrete the substrate needs to dry and smooth and not too porous. Most screeds etc aren’t good enough because they are too porous , weak and friable, they aren’t compact enough. You could easily dig into them with a screwdriver etc. They nearly all need a coat of leveller to achieve a suitable finish. Problems also occur if the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ dries downwards and skins if you understand me. On a well prepared substrate once it air dries to the point were it becomes tacky to touch then it’s good to go and good luck trying to pull it back up again once it’s dried.

OP
AP tiler
Reaction score
Saw that af200 when I went into ctd, what trowel do you use with it? Going to give isomax a try for the stone. Seen it on pro tiler tools for a decent price. Can’t work with rapid in summer though personally haha. Schlüter don’t recommend an s2 for ditra? Would have thought it would be even better when laying over ply.

Reply to ADESILEX P9 Over Ditra in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock