Discuss Actual regulations on tanking walk-in shower? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi,

So I've looked about and read a few things regarding the building regs (BS 5385-1:2018 clause 6.1.1.3). I'm just a bit unsure as to how high the tanking has to be up the walls for it to be legit?

I'm looking at getting an Impey Linear 4 shower tray and I know they have their own Waterguard membrane but its crazy expensive compared to a paint on tanking kit? Is using something like the Mapei kit still ok with that tray?

TIA

Reaction score
Thanks for the info mate.

I'm so indecisive which to use, and teh more I read the more indecisive I get haha. I am leaning more towards the Impey Aqua-Dec Linear 4 with the Waterguard tanking membrane, buts its a fair bit more brass than the paint on stuff. But I have also read the paint on stuff isn't really designed for timber floors as it will have a level of movement. Heads gonna blow haha.

Reaction score
I tank the whole area up to the ceiling. Only takes a little bit longer in time and the jointing tape is begging to be be painted over.
Just do it.

Reply to Actual regulations on tanking walk-in shower? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks