Discuss Ableskills 4 week discounted tiling course package in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

prceramics

no its not funded and i had to pay myself , hence that van and tools i struggled to get into profit untill now. but expected that, its defenantly not an easy option and its not a trade thats easy to get into as some might think as there is a lot more to it than non tilers can ever imagine

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It's certainly hard work setting up any business this day and age. And that's the thing I guess with tiling AND being self employed, you're not just looking for a qualification or some other form of training. You need a bit of luck throwing in there with the hard work too I think.

O

One Day

Oh i might just quickly add that i am not saying course trained tilers are no good but in my time of doing it i do not know of one other course trained tiler who became good off the back of what they learned on a course. They became good after learning from proper tilers and putting in tonnes and tonnes of hard graft and loss of earnings whilst they learnt this trade. The trouble is that their are a lot of people who do these courses as a free bee if they are on jobseekers allowance or benefits etc and they turn into a big waste of space and ruin the industry (not in all cases of course). But those who paid for it themselves have a bit more at stake so are more determined to make it work and to do whatever it takes to make it work.

I must stress that all this is my opinion and i have formed this opinion from my personal experience. Nd i can honestly say that if it weren't for Andrew at Cambridge Tile and Mosaic (he's not on here nut does have a website if your interested) i would never have got to this stage.

So it was Tattman?! Top bloke imo.

T

TJ Smiler

Half the battle is learning how to be self employed and run your business as a 'business' and not just treat it as though you are a tradesperson who works for themselves. Once i properly learned how to run my business (and still learning) i then became much more profitable :2thumbsup:

Reply to Ableskills 4 week discounted tiling course package in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks