Discuss Able Skills Tiling Courses in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Max@ableskills

Hi all. Wow it's been a long time since I last entered a post. I must try to be a more active user of the forum in future lol.
Anyway just a quick thank you to all the gang at Ableskills as I have just acheived my NVQ level 2 in wall and floor tiling.
It has taken me a little over a year to acheive through portfolio building and site visits but my assessor (Max) signed off my portfolio last week.
I am hoping that my prospects of emigrating have improved now as I am looking to emigrate within the next few years and am hoping that with my new qualifications under my belt this should help the process.
Thanks again.

P.S. Good luck in your new job Max

Cheers Pete and good luck to you and your family.

Try to keep using the forum as much as you can as there are some guys and girls on here that are willing to share an incredible amount of knowledge and it's for free.

Thanks for the message.

I have not used the forum as much as I like recently but been really busy with my new job.

I will try to get back into the swing of things again lol

M

Max@ableskills

Head of Construction now mate lol.

As well as looking after the tiling team its also Carpentry, Bricklaying, Plastering, Painting and Decorating, Health and Safety and anything construction based that we offer.

Its a good promotion.

You may have noticed that I have not been as busy on the forum as usual. I am going to have to get Terry to take over my forum duties lol.

P

peterspurs

Hi all,

Just wanted to pop in and say a little about my recent 6 week course at Ableskills in Dartford. I got made redundant at the start of the year and decided to retrain, it was the best thing I did! The 6 weeks went by in a flash (unfortunately). On the first day I was a bit nervous about what to expect, but it was straight down to business with cutting tiles, really hands on from the start. Max and Terry were superb throughout, nothing was ever too much trouble, they were always there to give advice on how to do things correctly, even if it took me 5 attempts to finally understand the method! since completing the course, Max has been great at dispensing advice whenever I have sent him an email, its been invaluable to me really, saves me plenty of brain cells :lol:

I would certainly recommend it to anyone if I was asked, it was a great environment to work in, with great tutors, and I was lucky enough to meet some great people on the course. The only downside was Max is an avid Arsenal fan, and I'm a Spurs fan! But I didn't hold it against him, although I cant say the same for him!

Here are some of the photos of mine from the course:

020.jpg

021.jpg

028.jpg

026.jpg

007.jpg

Cheers Max :thumbsup:

P

prceramics

Hi all,

Just wanted to pop in and say a little about my recent 6 week course at Ableskills in Dartford. I got made redundant at the start of the year and decided to retrain, it was the best thing I did! The 6 weeks went by in a flash (unfortunately). On the first day I was a bit nervous about what to expect, but it was straight down to business with cutting tiles, really hands on from the start. Max and Terry were superb throughout, nothing was ever too much trouble, they were always there to give advice on how to do things correctly, even if it took me 5 attempts to finally understand the method! since completing the course, Max has been great at dispensing advice whenever I have sent him an email, its been invaluable to me really, saves me plenty of brain cells :lol:

I would certainly recommend it to anyone if I was asked, it was a great environment to work in, with great tutors, and I was lucky enough to meet some great people on the course. The only downside was Max is an avid Arsenal fan, and I'm a Spurs fan! But I didn't hold it against him, although I cant say the same for him!

Here are some of the photos of mine from the course:

View attachment 42361

View attachment 42360

View attachment 42359

View attachment 42357

View attachment 42356

Cheers Max :thumbsup:

He loves spurs really ask him ! :) C.O.Y.S

B

biff7

Hello,I am a member as of today and have been looking to change career pathes for sometime and I have decided to take the plunge,I have had a chat with able skills and I am looking to book a course.I feel the best route for me is the five day course and if I like it, progress from there.I have read through the thread and it seems able skills is the right place to go,but I would just like to know from anyone who has done the 8 week course would you feel confident to work alone or set up on your own,or do you think more time is needed working on a site afterward.I am aware everyone skills and progression is different but just trying to be as prepared as possible as still have to pay the bills
Thanks

Reply to Able Skills Tiling Courses in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks