Discuss A solution on to how lay wood laminated floor on top underfloor in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

A

Ace

Hi guys I hope you guys can help me out of a sticky situation. It all started when I thought I could save myself some money by ordering more that enough vysal electric underfloor heating cable to do the downstairs passage, upstairs bathroom and upstairs passages.
I installed underfloor heating vysal screed cable downstairs in passage as you come through the front door up behind a tiled wall into the upstairs bathroom. Still having enough underfloor cable to run over the upstairs passage and one of the bedrooms. I have located the sensor downstairs in the passage. Laminated floor is to be laid upstairs in the passage and bedroom but I'm not sure how to overcome the problem of laying laminated flooring on top of the Vysal underfloor screed cable baring in mind that the cable has already been installed downstairs and in the upstairs bathroom and tiled. Changing the cable to mat is not an option.
Please. Can some kind person come up with a solution. The laminated flooring is being laid over on wood floor boards so underlay and screed cable how can I get the two work?

U

Uheat - Keith

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not clear on this Ace.
Are you saying you have one length of underfloor heating cable going over all the areas?
One length of underfloor heating cable in downstairs passage, then up wall, then in two areas upstairs?
One length of underfloor heating cable with different floor finishes over the top?

Warm regards,

A

Ace

Not clear on this Ace.
Are you saying you have one length of underfloor heating cable going over all the areas?
One length of underfloor heating cable in downstairs passage, then up wall, then in two areas upstairs?
One length of underfloor heating cable with different floor finishes over the top?
Warm regards,
Yes one length of cable 16mm2 to be precise.

G

Gazzer

This is a wind up ? up the wall ???

A

Ace

This is a wind up ? up the wall ???
I'm dead serious I'm not winding you up. The wall is a tiled wall so effectively the same as being laid under floor title. Is there a solution?

A

Ace

I'm dead serious I'm not winding you up. The wall is a tiled wall so effectively the same as being laid under floor title. Is there a solution?
Is there a way I can put the underfloor screed cable down and lay the laminated floor on top the advise would much appreciated this problem must be overcome before the weekend has finished. Thanks

U

Uheat - Keith

In over 10 years of Electric underfloor heating I have never heard of anyone doing this before.
16mm cable diameter is also very thick. Is this with a 50mm screed over?

Lots of problems:
To be going up the wall, that must be a thin compound over, thinner than the floors - problem.
Differerent rooms may need different thermostats for the temperatures needed in different type of room- problem.
Differerent rooms with different floor finishes will need their own thermostats to control them - problem.

Who told you to install it this way/who installed it this way? You will need to check with them.

Warm regards,

M

Mark S

I would love to be able to offer some advise on this, but can't, as never come across anything like it.

Reply to A solution on to how lay wood laminated floor on top underfloor in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.