Discuss 60x30 porcelain tiles onto elements board in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

SteveL

-
Reaction score
Hi, I have completed some smaller tiling jobs before in the kitchen etc but this is my first time using larger format porcelain tiles so looking for some tips before I embark on tiling my bathroom renovation.

The substrate being tiled is abacus elements board which has had the waterproof tape and tanking compound applied around all joints etc.

I cannot seem to find any information on whether the elements board benefits from any sort of primer prior to tilling, it’s advertised as “Offers higher adhesion to tiles than either timber or plasterboard” but that’s not exactly filling me with confidence!

Also adhesive wise would Mapei Keraquick be a suitable choice?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to 60x30 porcelain tiles onto elements board in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks