Discuss 46m2 indoor & 40m2 outdoor 60 x 60 porcelain floor tiles Wargrave RG10 8 October in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I'm imagining you're going to need an anti-crack matting like Dural C++ or something. But you might be alright as the tiles are porcelain and the screed has been down a couple of years.

I've checked and the anhydrite screed has been down already 2 years and 11 months. The house has been heated during the winter months so kept to > 15 degrees C. Does this mean that anti-crack matting can be avoided?

Joking aside with respect to the labour rate; the few trades we have been employed have been from West Midlands. Where there are only 1 or 2 people we have provide accomodation. This means we have not had to to pay London rates and the trades concerned can make a bit more than perhaps is the case close to home.

I look forward to messages from anyone interested in the work.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It should be to your advantage posting with so much notice to be honest. TilersForums aren't usually available next week.

S

Simon benn Leeds

I would like to know the approximate cost of labour for laying 60cm x 60cm porcelain floor tiles. This is in a large self build house.
Floor details:
Indoor lounge area of 46m2. Floor is anhydrite screed with low temperature underfloor heating. Both laid >2 years ago. The laitance will have been sanded off. The floor will have been given 2 coats of primer (NOT PVA).
The external wall of the room is a shallow curve of 10 x 1m glass panels. 3 indoor walls to have skirtings from cut tiles.
Adjoining outdoor deck area of 40m2. Finish is traditional screed which has been sealed with 2 coats of SBR.
Scope of work details:
All other 2nd fix work has been done on a DIY basis; so I need to know someone good who would be interested to do this job and who would give me an honest rate for the work.
If I decide to go ahead then I would agree the approach to the additional materials. l can get adhesive and grout at trade rates (due to the volume of other tiling in the property).

I am happy to answer any questions online or by message and happy to provide plan views and photos.
Frances
If you could post pictures of the procject, it may give people more of a visual understanding of what is required, 86mq2 is a decent area if it's square areas, I think if people had an idea of doorways to cut around, linear meterage of skirting detail, programme (timescale to complete the works) ect, this will will help you.

Regards
Simon

O

Old Mod

If you could post pictures of the procject, it may give people more of a visual understanding of what is required, 86mq2 is a decent area if it's square areas, I think if people had an idea of doorways to cut around, linear meterage of skirting detail, programme (timescale to complete the works) ect, this will will help you.

Regards
Simon

U should go read this thread Simon.
I'll link u to the most important bit which is the work her husband did
It's a diy job.

Advice please - natural sandstone - indoors on anhydrite screed

Reply to 46m2 indoor & 40m2 outdoor 60 x 60 porcelain floor tiles Wargrave RG10 8 October in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks