Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss 3 months off work in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
D

Dougs Third Go

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello Doug, been a while mate.
Sorry, not been on much this week, been slogging away.
You could’ve come back with some better news tho mate, that’s awful Doug, sorry to hear that.
Hope it goes well for you, and who knows, if you do as you’re told you might knock some time off the recovery, best of luck Doug.
thanks mate, maybe shoulda listened last september when they told me to take 4-5 weeks off work,,,went back after 6 days...silly boy,,

OP
O

Old Mod

thanks mate, maybe shoulda listened last september when they told me to take 4-5 weeks off work,,,went back after 6 days...silly boy,,
I’m sure that’s something we’ve all been guilty of Doug.
Wouldn’t worry about it now.
Try to stay positive and stop misbehaving. ;)

OP
D

Dougs Third Go

all done for this time

WIN_20190906_12_20_02_Pro.jpg

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You look younger than I had imagined Doug!! Hope your recovery goes well. I've got shoulder problems too. Had 2 steroid injections last year. One worked for 6 months and the other is still working (2 shoulders). It's worse at night as the pain keeps waking me up. Yes, I need to go back to the Doctors, but you know what it's like..........2 week waiting time for appointments!! Anyway, you can catch up on your books whilst lying down in bed! Good luck.

OP
D

Dougs Third Go

You look younger than I had imagined Doug!! Hope your recovery goes well. I've got shoulder problems too. Had 2 steroid injections last year. One worked for 6 months and the other is still working (2 shoulders). It's worse at night as the pain keeps waking me up. Yes, I need to go back to the Doctors, but you know what it's like..........2 week waiting time for appointments!! Anyway, you can catch up on your books whilst lying down in bed! Good luck.
well I'm nearer 60 than 50 so I'll take that as a compliment (I think) :)

OP
D

Dougs Third Go

surgeon had to do some more work debriding rotator cuff, the rest was what he expected, shorten the tendon that's attached to my shoulder blade and mechanically attach it to my humerus.

OP
D

Dougs Third Go

what was ironic was chatting to the anaesthetist prior to going down, asked about lifestyle etc and the "smoker" issue arose...gave me a real berating even though I had cut down quite a lot, ( down to about 5 a day) but week before op I couldn't take painkillers so it increased a bit, but in the pre op room they took some blood and lung capacity test and lungs were 99.5% functional, so actually better than most "non smokers".. beggars belief really doesn't it...but I will pack up one day, hopefully sooner rather than later.

OP
O

On one

surgeon had to do some more work debriding rotator cuff, the rest was what he expected, shorten the tendon that's attached to my shoulder blade and mechanically attach it to my humerus.
Sounds similar operation I had a few years ago for a shoulder that continually dislocated(sublaxation I think the surgeon called it)
12 weeks off work, sounds about right as well.....Pure Hell!

OP
D

Dougs Third Go

Sounds similar operation I had a few years ago for a shoulder that continually dislocated(sublaxation I think the surgeon called it)
12 weeks off work, sounds about right as well.....Pure Hell!
shame it's coincided with start of shoot season. now how can I fill my time?

OP
D

Dougs Third Go

oh and more time to spend on here too,,sorry!
[automerge]1567813125[/automerge]
Sean, the symptoms you've described are exactly how mine started out, get it looked into mate, you don't have to go through the pain and misery if caught early enough!

OP
D

Dougs Third Go

just had a count a count up, this was my 13th op under general anaesthetic, all surgical no medical, 2 were broken legs due to too much alcohol, the rest were too much rugby and athletics and work related.

Reply to 3 months off work in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock