Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss 3 months off work in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

D

Dougs Third Go

last year I was told I had adhesive capsulitis, got a second opinion and it wasn't that, it was shoulder impingement, ie a bone spur growing and trapping a tendon. Went in for a "straightforward" op and then got told post op that it was a little bit more than MRI had picked up. Had the spur removed, clavicle shaved, bursa removed, socket cleaned, a tear in my bicep stitched (25) and a torn rotator cuff repaired. 12 months down the line I need to go back in again for something called a biceps tenodesis where I get the tendon that's attached to my shoulder cut and re-stitched onto my humerus bone. Having this done 6 sept and likely to be off work for 3 months. Hopefully this will sort it out! So if you do get nagging shoulder/bicep pain make sure you get it thoroughly checked out as this has seriously affected me for about 2 years now.

Q

Qwerty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wishing you a speedy recovery Doug:thumbsup:

CJ

TF
Arms
Advent Win
Reactions
408 1
Take it easy Doug......do as your told. ;)

Age related ailments are a bitch :(

F

Flintstone

Sorry to hear that doug, hope you make a strong recovery!

D

Dougs Third Go

thinking of getting 2 more in next 12 months :)

S

Spare Tool

All the best Doug, speedy and healthy recovery..

J

Just Rizzle

injuries are a part of working with tools wishing you my very best Doug and a speedy recovery.
I have been putting off knee surgery for 3 yrs now

D

Dougs Third Go

gonna need a chauffeur for next few weeks....wife dropped an anvil on her foot yesterday at work and broke 3 toes,,honestly, you couldn't make it up!

3_fall

Admin
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
26,932 92 2
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
Hello Doug, been a while mate.
Sorry, not been on much this week, been slogging away.
You could’ve come back with some better news tho mate, that’s awful Doug, sorry to hear that.
Hope it goes well for you, and who knows, if you do as you’re told you might knock some time off the recovery, best of luck Doug.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reactions
5,789 31
What member type are you?
DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Thoughts and wishes go out mate.
Post automatically merged:

Anybody else read that and suddenly got all those symptoms?! :relaxed::tired:

Last edited:

Reply to 3 months off work in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Click here to support the forum/remove ads
TileFix Direct
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.