Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss 22mm No More Ply or ply and cement board in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi All, I’ve searched endlessly for an answer to this and can’t seem to find an answer, so I thought I’d bite the bullet and ask.

We’re redoing our en-suite and have found that the existing flooring has completely disintegrated, so it’s gotta go.

We’ve got two options: 22mm No More Ply floorboards or 18mm ply and 6mm cement board or similar over. There’s only a slight difference in cost.

From what I’ve read, I know some people aren’t a big fan of No More Ply products and I assume that I haven’t seen it recommended or discussed much. I’m guessing that’s because most people have a usable subfloor.

Which one would be best to use?

Paulg83

TF
Reaction score
Hi All, I’ve searched endlessly for an answer to this and can’t seem to find an answer, so I thought I’d bite the bullet and ask.

We’re redoing our en-suite and have found that the existing flooring has completely disintegrated, so it’s gotta go.

We’ve got two options: 22mm No More Ply floorboards or 18mm ply and 6mm cement board or similar over. There’s only a slight difference in cost.

From what I’ve read, I know some people aren’t a big fan of No More Ply products and I assume that I haven’t seen it recommended or discussed much. I’m guessing that’s because most people have a usable subfloor.

Which one would be best to use?
18mm ply and 6mm no moreply, gives you a solid base 👍

OP
G
Reaction score
18mm ply and 6mm no moreply, gives you a solid base 👍
Hi Paul, thanks so much for the speedy reply. Would you not bother giving the 22mm a try? Is it just a gimmick? I thought it might cut out the labour and amount of things that might go wrong to just use one material.

Paulg83

TF
Reaction score
Hi Paul, thanks so much for the speedy reply. Would you not bother giving the 22mm a try? Is it just a gimmick? I thought it might cut out the labour and amount of things that might go wrong to just use one material.
I wasn't even aware you can get 22mm nomore ply mate.
When it's a timber subfloor like plywood or chipboard I always use a cement board of some sort on top of it, gives me better peace of mind, I'd rather put in the little bit extra labour.

Reply to 22mm No More Ply or ply and cement board in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock