Discuss 20mm porcelain tiles in the Tile Cutters and Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

UK Pro Tiling Training
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
What member type are you?
Kitchen Fitter
Hi all
Just joined the forum, have visited many times before ,when I needed advice and have always found, somebody asking same question, such a great forum with professional advice . I am a joiner by Trade so always involved with kitchens so if Tiler not available started doing splash backs etc .
Now doing my patio, kept putting off but now cant leave house and needed something to do. 20mm porcelain tiles what saw and cutter would you recommend I have a small & large angle grinder and a Broccalina wet saw but don't know if it could handle 20mm porcelain tiles. Don't want to buy a top of the range machine as I don't do enough tiling to warrant it . Have looked at Norton tr202 but just seen cuts upto 15mm .Any advice much appreciated
Regards
Danescourt
==

Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor

finlay

TF
Arms
Reactions
1,870 3
I would do the same as Albert ,we buy cutting wheels from ATS price and service always good

Kitchen Fitter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Albert
Thanks for your reply , thought I had to get a wet cutter , have a lot of cuts to make, worried about cutting them straight want to make it look neat . have used angle grinder on porcelain before just for cut outs, cutting a row all the same free hand bit of a task for me thanks again
Post automatically merged:

I would do the same as Albert ,we buy cutting wheels from ATS price and service always good

Hi finlay
thanks for reply much appreciated

Last edited:

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
9,439 24
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
Ok, so buy a wet saw and when you have finished sell it on, or try to hire one.

Kitchen Fitter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Albert think that's what I will do

Reactions
29 1
If you want to cut tiles straight with a grinder and blade...clamp a piece of wood to the tile and run the blade against it. If you want to stop dust or the blade overheating use a hose to direct water onto the blade....as long as the water isn't getting to the electrics its fine. You can always clean up the cut edge with a rubbing stone or pad....with this lockdown you'll have plenty of time.

Reply to 20mm porcelain tiles in the Tile Cutters and Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters | Large Format Cutters and Tools

Click here to support the forum/remove ads

Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, we hope you find the tiling tools you're looking for. You're welcome to post a new thread yourself asking where the best place is to find the tool or cutter. Our forum members will do their best too find the best tool supplier for you, with the cheapest prices.

Finding Tile Cutters such as Rubi, Sigma, Riamondi and Montolit at the cheapest prices is one of the best investments you can make. The cutters you use will last for years, if not decades. So it's important you buy the right rail cutter or wet cutter right from the start, at the lowest possible price.

We also have a Electricians Forums and Electricians Tools advice. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Threads (Sitewide)

The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor
Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.