Discuss 152mm tiles wanted! in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I'm currently refurbishing an old fireplace for my sister and she has bought two Art Deco tube lined tile panels - each with five 152 x 152mm tiles set together vertically to form one complete design. The problem is that these panels will have to be set into a background of plain coloured tiles and it's proving hard to source plain 152mm tiles. The panel tiles are also 8mm thick which adds to the problem! Either burgundy or cream would do (to pick up on the colours in the panels and provide a decent contrast)

I have seen British Ceramic tiles in this size online but it's looking like they will be hard to actually source and possibly not the best quality for using on a fireplace surround anyway!

Can anyone advise a source for decent 152x152mm tiles - preferably as near 8mm thickness as possible. I'd need around 1sq metre.

As a supplementary question! Any recommendation for fireproof board and adhesive to fix them on? We are installing a 'Tortoise' solid fuel fire ( an all metal insert convector firebox)

T

Tile Shop

Original style do glazed victorian wall tiles in 152x152x7mm, stovax do 9mm. BCT ones actually measure 148x148.

Boarding, hardiebacker is fireproof or you can use calcium silcate boards. Adhesive wise, Palace heat resist, or check out a company called Vitcas.

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Have you posted in our looking for tiles forum?

G

Graeme

Original style do glazed victorian wall tiles in 152x152x7mm, stovax do 9mm. BCT ones actually measure 148x148.

Boarding, hardiebacker is fireproof or you can use calcium silcate boards. Adhesive wise, Palace heat resist, or check out a company called Vitcas.
Many thanks - I've managed to source the Original Style ones - hopefully they will be sufficiently heat resistant for a fireplace! I did a bathroom recently and used Marmox which was great to work with but don't know if it's sufficiently fireproof. Probably safer with hardiebacker.

G

Graeme

No - forgot about that section actually! Got them now though and thanks for getting back.

T

Tile Shop

Many thanks - I've managed to source the Original Style ones - hopefully they will be sufficiently heat resistant for a fireplace! I did a bathroom recently and used Marmox which was great to work with but don't know if it's sufficiently fireproof. Probably safer with hardiebacker.
Yes, Hardie backer will definitely be safer. I can't remember the exact temperature, but the foam core of Marmox can melt if it gets too hot.

Reply to 152mm tiles wanted! in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks