Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss 13m² wooden subfloor prep advice in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
By far the biggest floor I've done and it's herringbone. The floors been over boarded with chipboard or something simlar and it feels very sturdy. There's a small dip in the middle of the room (few mm of a meter)

My thinking is to used an S2 https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and Hardie, but it's this right? Do I need self leveling in this situation or both?

Thanks

S

Spare Tool

It's not floating chipboard is it? ...if not overboard with hardi, and level out your dip with a flexible leveler, wants to be flat as a pancake for herringbone, S1 https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ will be fine 👍

OP
JordanLincs
Reaction score
I'm not sure what it is, to be honest.

I would fix Hardie with S2 and screws, is this correct? And then level, or level before?

S

Spare Tool

You need to find out if it's a floating floor first thing.... Don't need an S2 for hardi, S1 and screw down and tape joints, prime then level your dip out after hardi then S1 for tiles, you could use S2 for tiles if you really want to but if the floor is deflection free a quality S1 will be sufficient..
[automerge]1568310633[/automerge]
Also most S2's tend to be rapidset and I wouldn't entertain that with herringbone..

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
JordanLincs
Reaction score
You need to find out if it's a floating floor first thing.... Don't need an S2 for hardi, S1 and screw down and tape joints, prime then level your dip out after hardi then S1 for tiles, you could use S2 for tiles if you really want to but if the floor is deflection free a quality S1 will be sufficient..
[automerge]1568310633[/automerge]
Also most S2's tend to be rapidset and I wouldn't entertain that with herringbone..
I don't think it's a floating floor

Reply to 13m² wooden subfloor prep advice in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock