Discuss 12mm / 18mm / 22mm in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

I need to sort my floor out before I can lay tiles on it so seeking advice from the knowledge base out here.

I have floorboard on top of joist. On top of the floorboards, I have wooden battens placed on average of 360mm - 400mm centre. Wet UFH has been run across the wooden battens and then its been covered with pug screed / dry screed / biscuit screed. Old tiles were laid onto a very thin layer of SLC on the screed.

As I have taken out the old tiles, I have cleared the previous SLC. This has taken out small chunks of the dry screed as well. I intend to overlay NMP onto the dry screed (given its thermal conductivity) and then lay tiles on top.

My question is whether I can use the 12mm or do I have to have a minimum of 18mm NMP? Also, do I fill the small portion where screed has come out or need not worry?

I am in a severe time crunch here as we are living in the property and have young kids.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks.

20210425_125320.jpg

Reply to 12mm / 18mm / 22mm in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks