Discuss 1200x600x10mm porc on walls in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dumbo

It’s not a size of tile I have fitted either. Interesting post. Do you mean when trowelling you would go across the wall when trowelling rather than top to bottom?
Depends wether landscape or portrait. You trowel in the direction of side to side of the tile not end to end .
Then same direction on wall .

W

Waluigi

Let’s say you use an 8mm notched trowel on the wall and tile. The notches line up perfectly. Surely you will have far more difficulty collapsing the ridges than say if the ridges didn’t line up perfectly and slotted into each other?

I

Italy

I got drunk to read this thread ...
can we also make an embroidery on the right and on the left?
at this time all the walls I've made
with 120x60 they should have fallen to the ground.
we are talking about 10mm thick .....
Paul John has had a nervous breakdown. ahah

D

Dumbo

Let’s say you use an 8mm notched trowel on the wall and tile. The notches line up perfectly. Surely you will have far more difficulty collapsing the ridges than say if the ridges didn’t line up perfectly and slotted into each other?
Then you don't need to collapse them as you have a solid bed already , solid is solid ,

Reaction score
Even if you use the same size trowel I think you'd have a hard time positioning the trowel so that all the ridges on the wall lined up with the ridges on the tile or didn't for that matter. I think I'll stick to back buttering and hope for the best. It's my sons shower, I'm sure a 1200x600 tile falling on him won't hurt too much.

O

Old Mod

If you’re relying on lining up serrations, you’re adhesive isn’t correct.

O

Old Mod

Then you don't need to collapse them as you have a solid bed already , solid is solid ,
C7D5DC32-0937-460B-BED2-93A58C662BC0.gif

Reply to 1200x600x10mm porc on walls in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks