Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss 1200mm polished porc in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Well that wasn't as planned, after getting a new 900 signa for my current installation i took delivery of my customers tiles yesterday and it seems that theytchanged there minds and the second bathroom is having 1200mm planks
Grrrrrrrrr

OP
Bopster

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Planks are 1200x200 and room is 3100x1700
Ill make a bench which I can connect my dust extractor to and use grinder.
Not the end of the world but effing annoying all the same

O

Old Mod

If you haven’t actually used the cutter yet, I’d be sending it back and upgrading to a 1200.
I personally think that the 900 cutter should be discontinued, it’s an outdated size, and it limits your capabilities quite considerably these days.
I know there’s a couple of common sizes between 600 and 900, but the majority of sizes we seem to install over 600 start at 1m, and I think 1200 is not far off becoming the new 600.
But that’s just my experience.

W

Waluigi

It’s the perfect size for me. I get a lot of 800/900 tiles and rarely get involved with planks. Maybe that’s unusual though. Obviously now I’ve said it, I’ll get a load of jobs with tiles over 900 :D

D

Dumbo

If you haven’t actually used the cutter yet, I’d be sending it back and upgrading to a 1200.
I personally think that the 900 cutter should be discontinued, it’s an outdated size, and it limits your capabilities quite considerably these days.
I know there’s a couple of common sizes between 600 and 900, but the majority of sizes we seem to install over 600 start at 1m, and I think 1200 is not far off becoming the new 600.
Absolutely agree with @3_fall marc . I got a 1260 sigma the other year. Decided I no longer needed my 900 rubi tx so sold that and a tx700 and got a 720 sigma as I do a few 660

OP
Bopster

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I have spent an hour using it so has a few marks on it, not to fussed now, like mentioned I’ll use my grinder to cut the few required

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Completely agree.. all customers who I show bathrooms where I've installed 1200mm tiles, then want 1200s in their bathrooms

Reply to 1200mm polished porc in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock