UK Pro Tiling Training
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss 1200mm by 600mm porcelain tiles. in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor
Reactions
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
Hi guys. Just picked up a job with 1200mm by 600 mm wall tiles. As this is the first time Ive had tiles this size is there any advice or pitfalls I should be worried about? Ive installed a lot of 600 by 600 wall tiles with no problems. Any tips would be gratefully received.

uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)

jcrtiling

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
4,645 58 1
Preparation is the key oh and dont forget to do the prep properley oh and of course there is the prep .

Reactions
Hi guys. Just picked up a job with 1200mm by 600 mm wall tiles. As this is the first time Ive had tiles this size is there any advice or pitfalls I should be worried about? Ive installed a lot of 600 by 600 wall tiles with no problems. Any tips would be gratefully received.
Hi mate,
I'd turn the job down. Stupid size, which will definitely have a bow in them, so you'll be attempting to lift a very heavy and no doubt rectified edge tile off a wall that isn't flat enough, and then you'll have to take it off again. And once more when the next one goes on. By this time, you'll have taken a tooth out your mate (hopefully you have help), or a chunk out of the tile or the ceiling/door.
Forget it mate. Stupid designers sat in the offices think these are okay for bathroom walls. They are crazy.
Save them for an airport floor.

Reactions
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I absolutely endorse your honesty.

antonio

TF
Esteemed
Piastrellista Italiano
Arms
Advent Win
Reactions
23,383 62
if you do 60x60 nothing changes, only heavier

Andrew Owens

TF
Supporter
Reactions
I did some before Christmas, I bought and extra sigma suction cup to handle them, I had trouble cutting less than 20mm on my large Sigma so I had to use my grinder. Back butter with a 4 - 6 mm trowel. Lots of leveling clips and prep and everything will be ok.

Reply to 1200mm by 600mm porcelain tiles. in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Tiling Forum

Get free wall and floor tiling advice from TilersForums.com's Tiling Forum. Both DIY and professional wall and floor tilers use this forum to make sure their tiling is spot on.

Click here to support the forum/remove ads
TileFix Direct
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.