Discuss 1200 tiles. FFS. Cutting advice in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi I've been a 'tiler' for a very long time but in the last 10 years moved into maintenance and new builds for an investment company. I have avoided extra large format tiles like the plague but now our firm is putting up 5 new houses all with 1200x1200 floors and 1200x 600 on the walls. (Porcelanso [no swearing!]) . My biggest slice is a 600 Rubi plus a husqvarba ts230 wet saw, corded and cordless angle grinders. Do you reckon I'll blag cutting these with a good eye ? A decent bridge saw is getting close to a grand and a 1250 Rubi slice not much cheaper. I'm honestly not sure what to do

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Italy

Hi , I use Sigma cutters and the 1200 cutter is just over £500.
well worth the investment if yuh have 5 houses to do.

do you still make these mistakes at your age? Ahah :)

Last edited by a moderator:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I had sigmas like dave , but ive just swopped back to rubi tz, a bit more expensive, but its been cutting some porcelain which the sigma just wouldn’t cut, and cut them like butter, and feel better to use than the sigmas
Ive bought the 1550 tz and the 850 tz

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
do you still make these mistakes at your age? Ahah :)

nah the link is blocked 😂

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies so quickly. I think I'll go find someone in East Midlands selling sigmas tomorrow and invest. Last houses we built the karndean and sheet vinyl was fitted badly by someone else so they are going mad on tiles instead. Approx 180-200m over the 5 bug houses so I should get my investment back in time saved and cash made.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Not one on here mate.

You'll find one on face ache no doubt.

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a 1200 cutter I'm getting a bit fed up of spending half my day on my grinder I normally use sigma but thought I'd try a rubi is the TX up to the job or just the TZ

Reply to 1200 tiles. FFS. Cutting advice in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks