Discuss 10cm x 20cm ceramic tiles - trowel size and adhesive recommendation in the UK Tiling Forum | Tile Advice Forum area at TilersForums.com

J

JS1

-
What member type are you?
DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Hi I'm fixing 10cm x 20cm ceramic tiles to Jackoboard in a tanked shower area would be grateful for a recommendation on the ideal trowel notch size and a slow setting adhesive - preferably one that is availble from CTD.

Many Thanks

Martin

V

Valentin

TF
Reactions
The smaller notch, the better. Less adhesive, better grip. But anyway depoends on the support. I think a tanked area would have rounded corners, so a bit bigger notch will be needed to save the deflections. 6-8 mm. At CTD you can find at least 3-4 ready mixed adhesive for this.

P

Perfect Tiling

TF
Reactions
31 1
If its a tanked shower.....you really need to use a cement based adhesive. Also, most ready mixed adhesives can't be used at depths over 3-4mm.....cement based will let you level out any imperfections in the walls. CTD do a brand called ultra trade with various setting times in either grey or white....depending on what colour grout you're using. I use this brand a lot for walls and find it a good adhesive at a very good price. Use a 5-6mm notched trowel and you can backbutter the tiles if you want to....esspecially if they are porcelain or heavily patterned.

Dave

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
2,190 1
6 to 8mm and deffo not a dispersion adhesive.

Reply to 10cm x 20cm ceramic tiles - trowel size and adhesive recommendation in the UK Tiling Forum | Tile Advice Forum area at TilersForums.com

Tiling Forum

Get free wall and floor tiling advice from TilersForums.com's Tiling Forum. Both DIY and professional wall and floor tilers use this forum to make sure their tiling is spot on.

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.