Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
Yes water fed heating.i will add ardion 101 to sand cement grout,but not very strong.
i have always been dubious about grouts being that flexible.
you also have to be very careful with the sp grouts that they don't stain more sensitive stones like Portland,Lincoln,baths tone and Cotswold.
i see a lot of problems where inexperienced tilers get supplied with sp grout for these stones and can't clean off face.

Nice one john, post some pics of the finished floor. Already looks awesome. Do you travel nationwide for your work ?

R

rainsco

yes, lets meet in verona. i combined the cersaie every year if possible with a weekend stay on lago di garda.

here some pictures of a job i have not done but the architect asks me for a solution.
i think i send pictures to schlüter and gutjahr so they can suggest new solutions.
there are about 8 years old balkonies. three ones on the top getting restored. over 100 m². the owners don´t want tiles anymore but the integrated drain makes wood not possible because of the height. so the sceed has to be removed and i think this is to expensive.
another example why plastic mats and porcelaingres don´t works. normal adhesive don´t get really dry between the plastik and tiles.

if you work natonwide jonny you can do the job :).

schlueterschaden01.jpg schlueterschaden02.jpg schlueterschaden03.jpg

J

jonnyc

bri , ive just started looking through the old posts and photos on this thread and there is some great work. was this car at damon hills house or was it his car in someone elses..ive recently been working at his old house that i guess he sold about 5 years ago so am just interested . he used alot of stone .

J

jonnyc

another great piece or work.
i really like jura. i know it is very popular over in germany. how much do you pay for 600x 400 per sq mt.
i probably only get to fix it a couple of times a year but strangely enough i too have just finished a big jura floor which i will post next week.
the teracotta looks great with grey grout.mine is still drying out

R

rainsco

thanks for comments.
yes tony, mitred corners.. now i know the description, thanks. like jonny says, its jura limestone.
there was 30x60 in the projekt.
cost pro m² für 30x60x1 jura gelb gebürstet(brushed) : 48,90euro + mwst . thats the price the customers have to pay for the less quantities. i can ask for 600x400 and bigger quantities.

J

jonnyc

put this job in for june job of the month .it will have a very good chance i think.
ill be puting my jura floor up as well if i can get last grouting done but it is not as interesting as your job.

J

jonnyc

640.JPG 639.JPG 638.JPG 637.JPG 635.JPG 641.JPG 634.JPG JHGD_Sut_8SHR_Donal_0012_1.JPG JHGD_Sut_8SHR_Donal_0005_1.JPG JHGD_Sut_8SHR_Donal_0001_1.JPG BLACKHEATH TERRACE.JPG brabazon french limestone terrace .greenwich london.
600 x 300 x 30 mm field stone.
steps and cappings 50mm thick.laid in 50mm bed washed sand /white cement on top

J

jonnyc

pool refurb in cobham surrey.
all stone templated , cut finished and fixed on site.
field stone 600 x 400 x 20mm sanded /bushhammered portugese limestone

Attachments

• IMG_6326.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6323.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6317.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6307.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 36

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks