Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

MakenaTile

Entry_Tile_Mural_Tropical_Floor_Inlay.jpg this is the first multi-directional entry mural I made. All different shades of Travertine with slate flowers.

ENTRY_MURAL_PINK_MARBLE_LEA.jpg top view of the pink one. Its 8 ft wide!

J

jonnyc

adelaideplot1 049.jpg adelaideplot1 003.jpg adelaideplot1 059.jpg adelaideplot1 017.jpg adelaideplot1 008.jpg adelaideplot1 035.jpg adelaideplot1 037.jpg adelaideplot1 042.jpg adelaideplot1 022.jpg adelaideplot1 032.jpg adelaideplot1 030.jpg adelaideplot1 047.jpg adelaideplot1 048.jpg heres is the a project that has just been finished.
new build using mixture or porcelain and mother of pearl mosaic.
impey deck tray and tanking.

M

MakenaTile

Yes- a Gemini Revolution XT ring saw. A water jet would be nice for cutting out the basic shapes I carve- like turtles. Way too expensive tho. My ring saw is getting old and I'll be trying a different option when I replace it. The baring still blow out too fast on the Revolution.

Right now I'm trying to invent a way to carve the slate without so much dust mess. I no longer have a shop- I was thinking of either making a box like for sandblasting- with shop vac or fan clearing my view (seems unlikely to work) or even getting a generator and driving out somewhere the dust wont matter!

Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone for liking what I make :)

M

MakenaTile

for Jonnyc

Wow- that's clean looking- so different than I've seen where I'm from. I haven't done installing in California- but in Hawaii they're still into the rustic look. Is this the look the UK is into? It challenges my brain to try think of what kind of mural would look good in a bathroom like that. Modern abstract? lol

R

rainsco

hi jonny, nice projekt with cool design. what kind of material is the wall and floor in pic 4 and 5? kerlite? format? that looks superminimal. what kind of gout do you use when you have glas or anykind of mosaik in the shower? the way you use the rails is nice. it musn´t be always rondec or quadec.

about the saw´s.. the king cut is not good quality. this is my second machine. the engine is very weak. you must have a good diamond disk. i think 15mm material is enough and exceptionally you can cut 20mm if its limestone. but its a machine for daily use because its so light and the conversion to 45 grad is absolutely perfekt. i use it daily when i need clean edges. (skirting boards for example). in my dreams i let this machine built in good quality with high end light material. my actual strategy is to buy it new all 5 years.

the meistergold is heavy and good quality. the single rail is a high end profile with stainless steel tracks on both sides. i have a external 250cm rail for this machine and use it on a self built platform for long cuts. it cuts absolutly perfekt. you can get the machine in diffrent power. i have the small one and its enough for 30mm granite. the "fahrbar" is the best joice. i always work alone and its a good thing. but there are diffrent negative things. the machine sprays a lot and if you end a cut you are completly wet. the handle is not balanced. its terrible. i modified it! if you use the machine you know the manufacturer is no tiler. its a good mechanical ingeneer but nor man with practice. its to heavy for one person. the englhard machines are sold with other labels on karl dahm. the manufactur is not far away. one of the causes why i buy the machine was the same 45grad conversion as the king cut. the table moves a half and the rail. thats i need all the time because of the better sight to the edges.

S

Spud

Yes- a Gemini Revolution XT ring saw. A water jet would be nice for cutting out the basic shapes I carve- like turtles. Way too expensive tho. My ring saw is getting old and I'll be trying a different option when I replace it. The baring still blow out too fast on the Revolution.

Right now I'm trying to invent a way to carve the slate without so much dust mess. I no longer have a shop- I was thinking of either making a box like for sandblasting- with shop vac or fan clearing my view (seems unlikely to work) or even getting a generator and driving out somewhere the dust wont matter!

Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone for liking what I make :)
Diamond laser 5000 diamond band saw

J

jonnyc

thanks , rainsco very informative .
you speak like a true german with an eye for detail and preciscion engineering.
I need to look in to these cutters as i just want a really good, precision small cutter , that can do heavy work. there is so much on offer in uk but with little longevity.
BAM seems to stand out but they are big saws and very heavy. i gues you cant have every thing. norton were also great.
Ive been buying lightweight italian aluminium cutters for last few yaers but life span is a joke.

i wonder how many tilers realise that a very large proportion of the best tiling products derrivate from germany.
i may be a little biased as i used munchen as my living base for many years as i travelled foreign fields and i did so because this city was a place of such oportunity in so many ways and i wasnt even a tiler at this point.
I just dealt in other products that by dint of fact being german were easy to sell anywhere.
I worked recently for an old friend i used to play squash with , who i had not seen for years who was a ships engineer for many many years .
he then started a very sucessfull marine salvage consultancy and thats when we met again when he wanted i like to think precison work in his bathrooms.
he told me a very interesting story , in that wherever he travelled as ships engineer in world, he was never afforded the standing that he got in germany , where in times of old when you had to declare your profession in passport, being noted as an engineer gave him an immediate upgrade in a hotel in germany alone.
engineering a highly regarded profession .indeed tiling also.

J

jonnyc

079.jpg 078.jpg 077.jpg 076.jpg 072.jpg 067.jpg 065.jpg 064.jpg 070.jpg this is the job i was trying to show a week ago on page 41.
i still cant upload the video to show how we did this but do have some pics from cleaning it this week.
it was laid 5b years ago.
explanation of how we did it on prevoius page posteda week ago

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
Hi Ali, clean neat work mate with good cuts but why don't you invest in a multitool or fein then you can cut the arcs at the bottom and tuck the tile underneath giving a nicer finish and saves on the time consuming cuts :).

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks