Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hi Mark, I do mine web large on microsoft office manager. I think there are a few ways to resize pics, sorry I could not get on that job with you, it sounded interesting, if you get stuck give me a ring, it would be good to meet up and work together.

R

rainsco

you can resize and edit photos with gimp. its like an open source photo shop clone. i like it a lot. GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program

nice before-after photos and under progress photos here!

here some pics of my in progress projekts i worked unfortunately paralell. nothing of it is really finished:
first 3D grafics, then pictures

-small guest bathroom with jura limestone and a heated one peace stoneshowertray
juraduschegrafik.jpg juradusche00.jpg juradusche01.jpg juradusche02.jpg

-master bathroom with a big heated showertray. it was very difficult to fix because of the fittings of the heater on the right wall. i planed some integrated mirror cabinets.

duschwanne000.jpg duschwanne001.jpg duschwanne002.jpg

small guest bathroom with 60x60 tiles

egbad01.jpg egbad02.jpg egbad03.jpg egbad04.jpg

-a smal toilet room.

wc0001.jpg

-here a project i have a little fear of it. i have to tile just the shower but outside the floor-screed gets just colorless coated. the tiles are 100x100 and i fits all to the full format

100x100dusche00.jpg 100x100dusche01.jpg 100x100dusche02.jpg 100x100dusche03.jpg

-and here is my favourite project at the moment. the customers came to me and told me they have selected some porcelain gres and white wash basins from alape in steel.
i made a alternativ planing and combined the face concrete with travertin, a massive travertin wash basin, an indirect luminous mirror, a drawer under the bench and a cabinet in oak.
all materials i like a lot.
the costumers agreed and i build a styropor prototype of the wash basin to show the scale in the room. fitting the basin was very difficult because i have to cut the floor screed and the wall afterwards to
recess the massive steel consoles. 6 people was needed to carry it on the place. another thing is to tank the shower to the faced concrete. i used schlüter kerdi fix to fix the sealing tape on the concrete.
i fix one downward for more overlapping and a second one direct on the wall.

travertinbad01.jpg travertinbad02.jpg travertinbad03.jpg travertinbad04.jpg travertinbad05.jpg travertinbad06.jpg travertinbad07.jpg
travertinbad09.jpg travertinbad10.jpg travertinbad11.jpg wetbox02.jpg

J

jonnyc

this is all real class , very clean workmanship.
in fact all the work ive seen you post stands out as pure quality.
you should put one of these on the JOTM MAY even if not finished .
is that housing for cutter to stop spray from KARL DAHM TOOLS .
i know jura limestone is very popular in germany. Have you ever had problems with the grey oxidising and changing clour in areas that get more sunlight.
ive had a big problem last year.

J

jonnyc

we all get old by the day and by the year we forget more and more , but the one thing i dont forget is the job ive done in a clients house.
i get clients phoning me regularily that might have moved house or doing more work in existing, ten years or more down the line.
maybe i am a sad case but given a location and name i could recall any job for last twenty years and how i did it.
what i cant remember is why i started writing this response in first place.

R

rainsco

thanks jonny, the wetbox is not from karl dahm. i know they sold such a cabin long time ago. i wanted to buy one at this time but it was imported from usa and they told me the manufaktor does not send any boxes anymore.
so i built this year a cabin myself. its a prototyp but it works very good. i can connect the welded steel rods without screws. i took the steel skeleton to a lorry foil builder and he made a waterproof and very tough cabin.
for my work its perfekt. it was a really problem on the building site for me because the jolly edges and self cutted brick design (i do very often!) does a lot of water spray! especially on big tiles when water runs down. now i´m the best friend of the parquet layer but i save the floor screed from any water.
next i offer a second foil to underlay. about 7x7m with the same quality and so i can work on a carpet in old buildings in future :)

edit.. until yet i have no problems with jura limestone. i have read in the "fliesen und platten" there was a projekt with problems. dark stains on the joints. the cause was the tilers didn´t age the adhesive. they bleach it with some finalit products when i remember right.

before - after
wetbox00.jpg wetbox01.jpg

toilet room with self cuted brick tiles:
brickwc0000.jpg brickwc0001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rainsco

this is my small tile cutter. i use it very often. its very light and i combined it with the sack truck which fits perfekt. i can lift it myself on stairs and in seconds out of my car.
its not good quality but it works very fast especially for the jolly tiles.

can you read the pdf?
http://www.mitterbiller.de/Cut King 250.pdf

my big tile cutter which can normaly cut tiles with 90 lengh of edges
its better quality but its heavy and not perfekt in construktion.
Meistergold fahrbar

but i build a simple extension so i can cut 240 mm length on building site. i will take a foto next week because i need it for the 100x100 tiles.

M

MakenaTile

DSCN2112.jpg PINK ENTRY MURAL FOR SLIDE.jpg whole view.jpg close up of edge.jpg DSCN5117.jpg DSCN5113.jpg DSCN5119.jpg

these are a few of my latest jobs. The last is obviously unfinished in those pics. It's an outside shower- curbless. I ran the stone floor up the wall to make the space look bigger- It worked. Was a pain to set the floor tho because the drain was just 3/4" lower than the wood deck that the stone butted up against where you step in. 001.jpg here's the mural finished

Attachments

• small bop.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 107
W

White Room

Fantastic work Makena, what sort of tools do you use cut out for the leaves from the face tile..

R

rainsco

i like the entry mural.. very extraordinary in design and i never see things like this handcarved without a waterjet .

J

jonnyc

thanks for these links.
i will get in touch to see if ship to uk.
i need something strong , but simple and not too big for stone work in bathrooms and this first link could be answer .
i have other bigger cutters up to 1200mm ali manta italian , which are nice and light but the the legs have had it after only two years.
this meistergold fahrbahr looks good for transportation. do you have any problems with head moving and cutting offline as it is only sitting on a single rail.

M

MakenaTile

Fantastic work Makena, what sort of tools do you use cut out for the leaves from the face tile..

I use a Gemini Ring Saw.

However- I also do overlay murals- thin cut glued with epoxy to face of stone
sep 9 195.jpg DSCN3199.jpg paper thin yet 3D carved. Once the edge is grouted- your unable to tell that it's not cut in. The back of this turtle is from an 18"x18" piece of slate. Smaller turtles are made with a single piece of tile.

M

MakenaTile

well-I use a ring saw to cut the shapes out- and a Grinder to carve shape into it. On floors- has to be mostly flat- but on walls I like to do this 22 119.jpg floor mural 039.jpg the design is one I invented- the idea is there is no right side up- going in or out- it still looks like its facing the right way. It's my best invention! Works with bamboo as well.

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks