Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Spud

here is a video of a job I recently completed using 1200x600 4,8mm porcelain tiles, the total area was 220m2 and there were only 16m2 that were not a cut tile , all tiles were cut on site using a sigma 3em, the concrete stairs were badly cast and i had to rectify every flight so the steps were even ,the step treads have schluter treppe s trim and the skirting are finshed with genesis square edge trim ,shluter expansion joints were used ,i hope you like it
porcel-thin Staircase and reception - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jonnyc

Distressed english bathstone.

Here is a job that finished last month .
Did the entry hall 8 months ago.
Second phase just recently completed.
600 x random length x 25mm thick.
This is beautiful stone but needs about a month to dry before can seal and when you do it drinks the stainstop up. Approx 3.00 sq mts per litre .
Finished with two coats classic wax and buff.

Check out the old grape picking panneirs that the porteurs used to use. kirk 032.jpg kirk 008.jpg kirk 015.jpg kirk 014.jpg kirk 013.jpg kirk 011.jpg kirk 010.jpg kirk 009.jpg kirk 018.jpg

S

Spud

Looks really good gary.
Do these 4.8 mm tiles flex alot during fixing.
They can do Jonny which was part of the challenge when straightening up the stairs ,the tiles are nice to work with and easy to cut so it made up for it in a way

S

Spud

Re: Distressed english bathstone.

here is s one for you jonny as I know you like stone ,I didnt fix this one one of the guys that work for me did it,I just did the gold leaf tiles and centre of the floor

Attachments

• IMAG0255.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMAG0259.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMAG0264.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMAG0277.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMAG0275.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMAG0262.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMAG0270.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMAG0268.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 52
J

jonnyc

this is outrageous.
way over the top but i love it.
what are gold leaf tiles really made of.
this type of work is really in at the moment . I have always avoided it but i am about to bite the bullet with a new big player in town as I believe this work is the future when the euro collapses at end of year. our european neigbourly friends are already investing heavily in the very high end in london and this is what they want.

J

jonnyc

sorry forgot to mention that although marble has never been out it is definteley in now in on the london design scene.
this is why i am gearing up to get back in to central london.
i have been out for last 10 years and had an easy ride.
time to get back amongst it in the smoke.
I predicted granite tiles would be in by now based on what was in vogue in japan and United states couple of years back.
doesnt seem to have happened though.
luckily for us marble/stone fixers we will only have to change our saw blades not our fixing method .
its all got to be class work.
strangely I am seeing a small resurgence in antique terracotta which was my speciality 10-15 years ago.

S

Spud

this is outrageous.
way over the top but i love it.
what are gold leaf tiles really made of.
this type of work is really in at the moment . I have always avoided it but i am about to bite the bullet with a new big player in town as I believe this work is the future when the euro collapses at end of year. our european neigbourly friends are already investing heavily in the very high end in london and this is what they want.
the gold leaf tiles are just 600x300 x10 glass with gold leaf on the back grouted with litokol gold glitter epoxy grout,

C

Colour Republic

not sure which factory they are from Rob as the customer sourced them I believe they were from Porcelain tiles ltd finchley road london

I think they are Dune Pan de Oro

amb_pan_3m.jpg

It's funny as I was looking through some old posts earlier today and saw a link from 365drills to that pocelain tiles and the third picture that comes up on their home page was that job you did ;) Porcelain Tiles | Floor and Wall Tiles | Porcelain Tiles Ltd

S

Spud

just looked through their gallery and they have quite a few pictures of my stuff on there been heavily photoshopped to look like some of the cad pictures that are on there

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks