Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

U

user123

Only just seen your latest G, Gecko's are fast becoming your signiture pieces aren't they, always look great:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A commission from America, Rob, thanks, and you know, I really like working onto stone... love it. but watch out for the next thing, :) :) :) not finished yet but soon(ish) ....

bobbynz

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks for all your wonderful and encouraging comments everyone. Sometimes i get to close to my work and forget to see it for what it is and end up not really appreciating how good they are. My wife tells me they are really good and that i'm just too fussy, so its good to recieve feedback from people that dont know me so well. So once again thanks guys and girls.
Oh and MG you are right i really should start something new and all this encouragement has motivated me so my next one will be a portrait of my wifes cat it will be a belated 25th wedding anniversary present which we will be celebrating next tuesday.:yikes: I'll put up a pic as soon as it is completed.

And i really have to comment on the quality of work that you guys a producing, just absolutely superb and a real pleasure to look at. I always look forward to checking out some latest work on this thread, thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

U

user123

Thanks for all your wonderful and encouraging comments everyone. Sometimes i get to close to my work and forget to see it for what it is and end up not really appreciating how good they are. My wife tells me they are really good and that i'm just too fussy, so its good to recieve feedback from people that dont know me so well. So once again thanks guys and girls.
Oh and MG you are right i really should start something new and all this encouragement has motivated me so my next one will be a portrait of my wifes cat it will be a belated 25th wedding anniversary present which we will be celebrating next tuesday.:yikes: I'll put up a pic as soon as it is completed.

And i really have to comment on the quality of work that you guys a producing, just absolutely superb and a real pleasure to look at. I always look forward to checking out some latest work on this thread, thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Bobby, that's the artist's curse, I feel exactly the same, for ages just seeing the tiniest of imperfections and it also takes me ages to actually finish faffing with any one piece, always yet another bit of grout that needs smoothing, or even taking a bit out again and recutting or replacing it with another. And in one light I am happy, oh it's smooth, and then the next day under different light or with the close-up of the camera, oohh darn it's still not quite smooth enough, usually pretty invisible to the naked eye. I have got into the habit now of taking progress pics and look at it all on my pc as I work, as that gives me a much better overall idea, first seeing it from the distance and then being able to zoom in, almost to a microscopic degree, to see what bits might be tricky for grouting, like glass touching or just being too tight or too wide in relation to other pieces. The camera exaggerates things that may not be visible while working, but it's really helpful.

Looking forward to seeing your next piece, it's nice to see men get into mosaics, too, and each individual has a different style, there is enough space in the world for all of us.. go for it!! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Couple more jobs from this week.

Kitchen splash. 5 Mtrs

And tumbled crema beige marble onto lafarge cement pourable screed , overlaid with Dural CI +. 43 Mtrs

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321642829.639960.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 77
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321642861.985271.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 72
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321642890.993021.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 74
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321642921.628659.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 69
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321642952.324516.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 70
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321642976.770603.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 65
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321643007.128417.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 66
D

DHTiling

And some more pics from the big house up in the dales..

The marble bathroom is straight onto tanked block walls and then skimmed to stone.. and floor is Dural CI onto Gyvlon..

The wooden travertine is onto backer boards and skimmed either side and again floor onto Dural over Gyvlon..

Included some pics of the size of this house.. only pics i cannot find are the down stairs one of 170 mtrs of wooden trav..

View attachment 22467 View attachment 22468 View attachment 22472 View attachment 22469 View attachment 22470 View attachment 22471 View attachment 22466
pencil.png

no wonder they can afford that tiler if the house is only a grand ???

2.5 million they recon... mad..:)

C

Colour Republic

Just finished this today, Bastille limestone.

4f4d6251-1430-eee5.jpg

Stone is from PHG. And kitchen fitted by strummerman.

Typical tiler! takes a picture of the floor when the real beauty is the fitted kitchen :lol: I need more pics!

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks