Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

U

user123

DSC02036.jpg DSC02037.jpg DSC02038.jpg DSC02042.jpg DSC02044.jpg DSC02045-1.jpg

This is a little date sensitive commission I just finished today, working on it alongside another commission to be finished soon. It's a request all the way from the USA, via my website, hugely flattering considering the amazing work done in America. And yes, he wanted it posting installed on the rock, didn't care that the shipping will be around £150.... I quite like the way those two have turned out, a metaphor for a couple. Daylight was lousy for picture taking, he opted for the LPT coulour enhancing sealer option, the one in the middle of the sample stone, the sealer on the left is just with stone oil, the sealer on the right stone oil followed by sealer, much too dark IMO and I am glad he just wanted a faint sealer look. :) The stone oil however I can tell would be fabulous on black rock.. nice to have it in, ordered it from PHG up Dave's way..

S

Stewart

Stunning G.... I really like that piece, you should be well chuffed with the finished result as should be your customer.......

Created on iPhone.....

U

user123

I like those..

Is that the stone you want to enhance..?

Yes, Dave, that's the one - the oil would make it too dark I reckon, and the customer whom I sent the same photos earlier replies asking for the faint sealer, not the invisible one, so the stone enhancing one will be it. It doesn't look like it should have taken me days, should it... two days just smoothing and sculpting...

bobbynz

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Very nice and tidy work MG. When I had a break from tiling a few years ago i started to miss it so I worked on a few mosaics and ended up being at it for a few years.Like you wasnt long before i had a few requests and on it went. As you well know the hours pass like seconds before you know it. I think I might dig up some pics most of my work is south pacific orientated and NZ birds etc.
:thumbsup:

U

user123

Very nice and tidy work MG. When I had a break from tiling a few years ago i started to miss it so I worked on a few mosaics and ended up being at it for a few years.Like you wasnt long before i had a few requests and on it went. As you well know the hours pass like seconds before you know it. I think I might dig up some pics most of my work is south pacific orientated and NZ birds etc.
:thumbsup:

Yes, Bobby, I would love to see you work and we all like pics here!! Let's have them!! :hurray: It's a limitless art which needs artisan abilities, and an eye for detail and perfectionism, all things good tilers need, too! There are (relatively speaking) as many bad mosaicists who cut corners out there as there are bad tilers, but some are outstanding, and like all outstanding tilers here I strive to perfection all the time, forever trying to improve and expand my abilities. In the end the customer determines what they like, but I determine the quality, and that's what turns me on and what makes the end result happen every time.... and nobody ever knows the hours that go into it unless they do it for themselves.

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks