Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DHTiling

Another couple of stone jobs..

Chinese M/coloured slate and some wooden travertine in a kitchen strummer fitted.

Slate was sealed with Mattstone .. quite a nice selection of colours in it from PHG stone.

Chinese multi coloured slate 001.jpg Chinese multi coloured slate 003.jpg FLOOR BY DAVID HOWE 2.jpg FLOOR BY DAVID HOWE.jpg

D

DHTiling

Forgot to say.. slate is laid random set... customer didn't want a brick pattern in a small room.. i prefer it this way anyway.. less in ya face so to speak.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I agree Dave, brick bond can be a bit boring, I like third bond, or quarter bond.:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Nice work Dave, I love using Chinese slate. The colours are amazing:thumbsup:

First time i have used Chinese coloured in ages Phil.. Slate does seem to be coming back..

got some pics of splash backs to put on as well.. peeps will think all i do is stone..:lol:

S

Stewart

Looking good Dave... agree with the brick bond and it's something I tend to talk my customers out of.......

D

DHTiling

Hi TF'ers

As promised some pics of the bathroom in the same house of the slate job i posted back a page.

Ivory travertine with Walnut travertine brick in-set panels..

Bathroom was fitted by Strummer.

75 bensham 161.jpg 75 bensham 166.jpg 75 bensham 168.jpg 75 bensham 169.jpg 75 bensham 172.jpg 75 bensham 160.jpg

U

user123

Phew,.. if anyone is wondering.. this is the mosaic I'm working on at the moment, just finished another little section, each one different from the other, it will be 900x1125mm, the little mountain bit ( on original middle left) is just around a 30th of the whole thing. The large fuchsia flowers and leaves will be cut almost whole from stained glass sheets, have done most of that, as well as all the water and the hills in the lower half of the picture. Keeping the peices in place during transfer with a layer of sticky film, but it is one of the trickiest pieces I have ever done, not least because it will live outside, and the bracket screws coming through from the other side must not show either at the end. For this one cement adhesive and epoxy grout will be the answer, I think so far anyhow. A fiddly job this one, and commissioned by the artist of the original picture, this is not my design, so can't change it, but instead 'interpret' what her style is in general into mosaics. Anyhow here is just a tiny section, more pics will follow at a later stage... the view is from my little 8'x8' garden studio, as I finish each section it gets transferred into the larger workshop.

DSC00001.jpg DSC00030.jpg DSC00031.jpg DSC00032.jpg DSC00033.jpg DSC00034.jpg DSC00035.jpg DSC00036.jpg

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks