Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
i know its not tiling,but we had some fun today pebbledashing,started off with our tops off on the back of the house,finished in our raincoats,after building a tent above the scaffold,so we dident have a lump of washed off dashing below the gable. oh the joys:hurray:

Attachments

• dashing.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 45

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
this is a job i finished last week, 40m2 porcelain tile that looks like slate, it allso shows my prefered method of tiling floors with just a stright edge and no spacers, and a pic of my trusted sigma thats old enough to be in a museum...
002.jpg 001.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 009.jpg 008.jpg 007.jpg 002.jpg 001.jpg 003.jpg 001.jpg 005.jpg 002.jpg 004.jpg 006.jpg 003.jpg 011.jpg 007.jpg 009.jpg 008.jpg 012.jpg 010.jpg

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Nice job Andy, I don't use spacers much for floors. I prefare to work to a staff, if there is a little variation in tile size, spacers are as much use as a chocolate fireguard:thumbsup:

D

Dimbo

Very nice, and stairs are a pain! anyone else think that the 12mm Ali tile trim should have a bigger "under tile" section as it hardly touches the wall with the overhang, I find myself wedging it in place rather than sticking it to the wall?

M

Mike

very nice work, i just hate doing floors before the kitchen goes in, you just know it's going to get messed up :mad2:

P

Prem Tiler

Re:The tilersforums.com.. Show us your work thread

Hello people. I went around to finish off a job I did for my sister in law today. I thought I would upload the pics here just so you can see that I've not forgoten every thing I learnt.
SAM_0251.jpg

SAM_0254.jpg

SAM_0253.jpg

SAM_0250.jpg

SAM_0249.jpg

SAM_0248.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Noaksy

PIC 74 RS.jpg PIC 77 RS.jpg PIC 88 RS.jpg PIC 85 RS.jpg PIC 89 RS.jpg PIC 78 RS.jpg PIC 75 RS.jpg

Its only fair, i've been looking at others work on here, about time I put something up, heres a job I did last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
P190411_13.04.jpg P050511_10.58_[01].jpg P050511_10.57_[01].jpg P200411_14.33.jpg P080411_12.26.jpg P070411_08.44.jpg P050511_10.58.jpg P050511_10.57.jpg

Here is an insurance job I did in May, I loaded the pictures in order of sequence, but they have uploaded in a total different order. Anyways, you can see the original problem they had with the wooden flooring - yep, dampness caused the floor to blow at least 2" lumps, it was like a trampoline, so I set to work and disposed of the wood to find one leaky diswasher union under the units, old tiles underneath, some were loose and removed, some old flaky screed, all in all took me 3 full days to prepare and screed. The yellow de-coupler is the new dural ci+. You may notice a slope on the door end of the room which had a drop of 200mm over 1.5 metres, so quite a challenge to get that covered without lips. I bullnosed and polished the tile ends in the doorways, so that no thresholds were needed. It's unfilled trav in bella opus design. :smilewinkgrin::thumbsup: They were well chuffed and I've now got their round the pond patio, bathroom and old part of the cottage reception room to do, the pond area in sandstone and the other rooms in trav:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cheers guys,

Dave, the new ci was easier to fix because the edges didn't try to spring up at all, and it seemed to be easier to lay in a straight line if that makes sense (perhaps more stable), the older one seemed to want to stretch when flattening out, so all in all yes, better mate.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks