Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Colour Republic

Smart work Rainsco:thumbsup:

be interested to see what you do with the grain and which bits 'overlap' each other if you know what I mean:thumbsup:

R

rainsco

thanks for comments dudes! .. but hey, most of the classic designs are inspired from this forum. i remenber a staircase with a brown border goes round on the first step and i loved the design.

i cut out the stripes from 30x60 polished emperador tiles. i sand and brush it after laying. i want to groat the emperador with balibrown and the rest with jurabeige so the joints from the emperador rings are iversible. thats easy with the emperador because the design is wild and has no direction.

the floor takes the hole saturday. inkl. finding the right design usw all about 10 hours.. = 400euro .. i think to write a program for waterjet, lay out the beige material in the right joints (on the corridor is the same) and bring it final on the ground is also not less effort so i think its ok. what do you think? i prefer the handwork whenever it make sense.

R

rainsco

started a bathroom renovation this week.. atlas concorde seastone sand 90x45 and emperador dark for border and floor.. the stone is 2cm so i has to cut out the wall for the border. i wait until the customer was out of the house for this action..
embr02.jpg embr03.jpg embr04.jpg embr05.jpg

M

Mr Tiler

yes use some cement based.... pack out the wall to suite and then tile it once bottom layer has set. sorry in advance if this is a bad idea

R

rainsco

ah ok. can´t set out the wall tiles more because i don´t render the walls and i set it in middle bed. so the adhesive can do 10mm bed. if i want to do more its a very big effort and lot of more weight on the wall. and at least the door to the shower tray and the armature bodys don´t fit with 1,5cm more on each side.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
yes use some cement based.... pack out the wall to suite and then tile it once bottom layer has set. sorry in advance if this is a bad idea

packing out all the field tiles to suit the border, would be a HUGE amount of work, and would cost a fortune in adhesive. ;)

R

rainsco

its a weekend projekt.. next week i will groat the jura with beige and the emperador with balibrown. then i sand the emperador down and brush it..
wc002.jpg wc003.jpg wc001.jpg

C

charlie1

started a bathroom renovation this week.. atlas concorde seastone sand 90x45 and emperador dark for border and floor.. the stone is 2cm so i has to cut out the wall for the border. i wait until the customer was out of the house for this action..
View attachment 55187 View attachment 55188 View attachment 55189 View attachment 55190 [/QUOTE

]

hi rainsco, I'm a real perfectionist and could probably walk in to any job and be able to pick faults but with your work I really can't see any, never seen tiling with such precision. Very top class work!

C

charlie1

Medium size floor l done a few months ago, 60 x 60 porcs with UFH. Anyway, ended up a bit tricky because I made slight error when self levelling over the heating mat, the slc at one point was a few mm higher than the rest (must have missed when troweling) so I had to start at the high point very thin and set the plane, worked out well In the end and was fairly pleased. Grouted up in mapei 112 with dried slightly patchy (unhappy about this, customer never said anything) ...we live and learn eh.

image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks