Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Last edited:
L

Lee1973

Re: North East tile Training - Tyne and Wear

I totally agree with all the comments submitted but also wanted to give a personal thanks to Paul for all his instruction and patience!! I had a 3 month gap between my first course and the 3 day advanced course and with no tile in between I was to be honest rusty to say the least! however after blowing the cob webs out and getting a taste for tile again I'm now even more motivated and have put the wheels in motion to start my business. Its definetely an excellent course and highly recommended thanks again to all at NETT.

I have just completed the 4 day tile course with North East tile and also the one day natural stone course followed by the 3 day extension course all of which I would thoroughly recommend :thumbsup:

Darren and his staff were very helpful throughout the courses, and the knowledge I gained was second to none. The girls in the office are so friendly and can't do enough to help you, which is much appreciated.:hurray:

I had no prior experience of tile, but since the courses I am confident I can start up my own tile business. The skills and knowledge Darren teaches throughout all three courses are invaluable.

The 3 day intensive course was brilliant because you learn the skills to overcome the day-to-day challenges on tile jobs and also to be able to design and create your own work of arts.

I cannot recomend this courses highly enough, particuarly the 3 day intensive course which is like the icing on the top!!

Many thanks
from Alex in Germany/North Shields

P

Pro-Aktiv

I attended a four day course(plus an extra day's Natural Stone course) in May. I had never stuck a tile to a wall or floor before then, but now, thanks to Darren, Tracey etc, I have added more and more tile jobs to my Property Maintenance/Home Improvements business. The course allowed me to become more self reliant and to be able to get rid of an unreliable tiler (that couldn't tile around a sink!!).
My father-in-law is a tiler and went on a course in the south of England a couple of years ago. However, I have been teaching him things for the last month that I learned at North East Tile Training and he has been blown away by them. He didn't realise how simple things could be.
I have practically been turned into a business shark thanks to Darren's business/sales advice and techniques. I have more confidence in my pricing and upselling of extras. It all seems so easy now!

I would highly recommend this course to anyone with aspirations of being a tiler of any level. It was one of the best courses I've ever been on.

Cheers,
Alan Machnik

C

C.J.ROPERTILING

I'm no computer nerd and usually too busy to sit on the computer and type so it's took me quite some time to get on here and post something but here goes!
I sat the course with darren a couple of months ago now, and since i did i can honestly say i've been rushed off my feet with work!
When the first job came in after the course i was past myself with nerves wondering if i could do it, could i remember everything i'd been told etc but after all that i got to the job got my head down and everything came flooding back to me.
I dont know if darren uses a technique of hypnotherpay or summit but once on the job i could hear him talking in my head... everything he said came flooding back and the job went perfect... so well in fact that the customer had me go back in the following week to tile her bathroom to get it to the same standard as what i'd done for her in the kitchen.
I've done a few jobs now and all have gone relatively straight forwards.

This course is fantastic... worth every penny.

All i can say is please dont do it though... cause then you could be good enough to be taking work away from me!

Reaction score

Finished my course on Friday and have to say it was far better than I could have ever expected.

Everything is at a fast rate and sometimes you can feel lost, as in what the hell is going on here! However if you just listen and hang in there it will all make perfect sense in the end. It is a course full of knowledge that you eventually realise all comes down to common sense.

I cannot speak highly enough of the course, I had never laid a tile in my life but now know that I have the knowledge and support (either by the notes given or by emailing Darren if needed) to make a go of tile.

From my financial services background I have been on more courses than I care to remember but never been on one as good as this.

B

bignose

Finished four days plus the natural stone course on the 8th Aug. It is VERY hard work but also very informative and worthwhile. Not done any jobs yet but I have sounded out a couple of tradesmen and darrens idea of prices charged seem pretty accurate, maybe even a little conservative. I had a chat with a local tile shop manager today and I was more than confident in all the subjects we touched on. So its onward and upwards for me business cards next, then a bit of advertising and marketing. I thoroughly reccomend the course but bear in mind when you get home noone is going to do it for you !:hurray:

M

Morton_Tiling

Just finished the 8 day course at NETT and thought it was excelent.
I had a good read of this thread before I signed up for the course as I wanted to make sure that it was the right choice.
Even though it is a short course there is still an incredible amount of detail packed in and it is so fast paced. However I thought Darren was really good at getting the message across and making it stick, taking away the panic of missing things you may have had with a poor instructor. What else I liked about this course too is that is wasnt just the obvious about banging a tile onto a wall either, the running of a buisness is talked at length too which is just as usefull.
The extension courses ar worth a punt too. The natural stone is a neccesity and the 3 day advanced course whch is more relaxed and hands on is a good way to build your confidence
Well worth the money. Cheers

G

garretridge

Re: North East tile Training - Tyne & Wear

hi m8 completed north east course in may came over from northern ireland didnt know what to expect.you wont be disapointed lots to take in but darren and tracey really know there stuff im going back for the last 3 days of the course soon thats how good it is hope u enjoy im sure u will!
garretridge-northern ireland :8:

H

haisthorpe

Having just completed the 4 day course i have to say Darren not only talks a great course but backs it up with so much skill attention to detail and trade tips that no amount of money could buy. if you want the best then i would recomend NETT, its worth every penny

on my course there were 3 people who had never tiled ALL gained the standard to get paid work.

Conclusion Great Course Great Skills Great Backup you get the picture GREAT:thumbsup:

L

Lee1973

I have to agree with all the positive feed back left about NETT Darren and his team they are excellent. From the minute you are arive you are made welcome and the training Darren provides gives you real confidence in your ability. I have done 2 courses with Darren and although I am still full time Army but with the knowledge I have gained at NETT I am looking forward to becoming a full time tiler in the future. A big thanks to Darren and his team :thumbsup:

R

ryanclarke

Just finished the 5 day course at NETT and all I can say is that it was the best and most informative week I have had! Well worth the money, Darren is a true professional and if you just listen to him you will have more than enough knowledge to not only become a good tiler, but you will also become a great businessman!

Big thanks to Darren, Tracey, Debra, Paul and Colin and I'll see you all on the extension course once my knee has recovered!!

Ryan

P

Paul

19 pages of great feedback i think ive definately made the right decision to go to Nett

A

AndyNI

I have just finished the 4 day plus natural stone tile course with NETT, it is very intense but for only being a week long you expect it to be. As said many times Darren has a great teaching ability, he cuts out the crap and gets straight to the point. You learn a lot more than just tile and Darren goes into a lot of detail on the business side of things, can't recommend it enough !
Cheers mate :8:

K

kaharrison9

Would just like to back up the comments of the many previous on this thread.Have two weeks ago returned from the 8 day tile coarse after been made redundant having been a printer for 22 years.My trade is finished-digital,China,India.I've 25 years left so have looked at my circumstances positively and decided to hopefully make a career in tile.
I researched many coarses that were nearer to myself in Leeds but followed my instincts and travelled to Newcastle for 2 weeks.Every thing was as hoped,the staff who all combined created a great opportunity for myself wanting to learn,the overall knowledge i've taken on has given me a great base to build from and the main thing is now the confidence that has grown since returning.
I also did the the 2 day plumbing coarse which when booking i was in 2 minds wether to.My advice to anyone like myself with no plumbing experience is it's a must.It's already gave me now an all round service i can now offer to customers and also make things easy for myself.I've as my first paying job just done a bathroom that needed plying out.From what i've recently learnt the sink,radiator , and toilet came staight out without hesitation,i had the tools i had the method.The client was delighted with the result.If i hadn't have taken the plumbing coarse i would have tiled around things knowing the result could have been by far better.
The money earned on this 1 job has paid for this coarse so not out of pocket but the knowledge gained is now forever.
Many thanks to Paul whose running the coarse
Cheers to all.
Kev

C

Catter1985

NETT course is honestly the best course I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of. The teaching was conducted on an extremely professional level and the whole course was set out so to cram a lot of information in a few short days but done exceptionally well.

Darren, Paul, Colin, Debra and Derek were all fantastic and great people to get along with. I went onto the course having no experience at all, now i can safely see myself as a good tiler.

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

J

jonash

nett course

Hi, I completed Darren's 4day tile + 1day natural stone course back in August. I can only aggree with all the positive feedback left so far.
Although I had some experience in tile the course gave me the knowledge and confidence to start my own business, well worth the trip over from N. Ireland.
Many thanks to Darren and the team,
Jonny

Reply to Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock