Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Last Few Places At Schlüter Training Day in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
We have had a company reschedule some of their guys to another date for attending our training days at Coalville. Therefore we have a few spaces available on the 5th February, which we are offering on a first come first served basis, these are FREE to attend.

Schlüter-Systems Education Centre (SSEC) presents:
System Solution Workshop

Course: Substrate Preparation and Schlüter®-WETROOMS
Preparation is key to a perfect installation, during the morning workshop we will discuss, demonstrate and you'll get hands-on with our range of complete solutions for substrates, waterproofing, uncoupling, underfloor heating and drainage systems. During the wetroom portion of the day, we will focus on ensuring that our CE marked waterproofing and drainage system solution is understood, making the installers job simple and secure with peace of mind.

Our workshops take in to account British Standards and best practice and have been specifically designed with you in mind and feature classroom, demonstration and practical hands-on guidance in a relaxed open forum environment.

Includes
• 1 day course with an overnight stay the night before and all meals provided.

Benefits of attending an SSEC event:
• Develop your skills and understanding of Schlüter products
• Learn the installation techniques from the experts
• Get hands-on experience with products in a training Environment

If you are interested then call +44 (0) 1530 813396 or email [email protected].

O

One Day

I attended the very first Schluter classes. They've come an awfully long way since. (but they're not awful and they have a decent jura coffee machine!)
I attended a schluter class in 2007 and it was very informative. They did a wonderful job hosting us, I agree with the above post, you will benefit from it and well worth the time.

Reaction score
I attended a schluter class in 2007 and it was very informative. They did a wonderful job hosting us, I agree with the above post, you will benefit from it and well worth the time.

We have had a company reschedule some of their guys to another date for attending our training days at Coalville. Therefore we have a few spaces available on the 5th February, which we are offering on a first come first served basis, these are FREE to attend.

Schlüter-Systems Education Centre (SSEC) presents:
System Solution Workshop

Course: Substrate Preparation and Schlüter®-WETROOMS
Preparation is key to a perfect installation, during the morning workshop we will discuss, demonstrate and you'll get hands-on with our range of complete solutions for substrates, waterproofing, uncoupling, underfloor heating and drainage systems. During the wetroom portion of the day, we will focus on ensuring that our CE marked waterproofing and drainage system solution is understood, making the installers job simple and secure with peace of mind.

Our workshops take in to account British Standards and best practice and have been specifically designed with you in mind and feature classroom, demonstration and practical hands-on guidance in a relaxed open forum environment.

Includes
• 1 day course with an overnight stay the night before and all meals provided.

Benefits of attending an SSEC event:
• Develop your skills and understanding of Schlüter products
• Learn the installation techniques from the experts
• Get hands-on experience with products in a training Environment

If you are interested then call +44 (0) 1530 813396 or email [email protected].

Pity its so far away - I live near Inverness so 10 Hours away at least! Just wondering if the mobile demo unit ever comes to Glasgow / Edinburgh ?

S

Stef

I need to go back down & finish the course.
I had to leave early last year as I got a phone call to say my Gran was on her last legs.
Made it home before she left us.

OP
Schlüter-Systems Ltd
Reaction score
Pity its so far away - I live near Inverness so 10 Hours away at least! Just wondering if the mobile demo unit ever comes to Glasgow / Edinburgh ?

The MEC unit will be in Scotland a number of times this year and our Area Sales Consultant, Simon Grant (07814 789 645 and [email protected]) will be able to advise the next dates and provide technical and sales support for the area.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

andy8758

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Just managed to squeeze in another course with Schluter, courtesy of Tileflair (who co-arranged event). The course was mainly about wetroom installation, but with an update on current products and uses.

Training - selection of products, options for installation, products explained, and hands on installation. Interesting on how the profile range is extending, the LED lit trims (Liprotec) look amazing - the possibilities for using it under stair treads/around mirrors, inside alcoves - this is something a lot of customers will love. Also learnt more about installation options with Ditra Heat (electric underfloor heating matting), and hands on practice in the afternoon installing a wetroom. All in all, a tremendous amount of really good training stuffed into a few short hours.

Hospitality - we all kinda expect the company tile trowel, tape measure, notebook, pen and t-shirt given away at the end, and together with a beanie hat, Ditra cutter, and USB charger/torch, there was no disappointment here. What truly astonished me, was the welcome from the staff (in the hotel the night before) and getting whisked off to dinner at a superb local Italian restaurant, and treated to wine and dine. And to cap it all, the MD of the UK operation treated all the staff (i.e. everyone in the building), plus us visitors, to a Domino's pizza lunch (variety of pizzas, salads, and coleslaws) at lunchtime. Its easy to dismiss this all as a very fine corporate treat to get us all to buy into the product range, but all the staff we met seemed to have a genuine companionship with each other, fully supported the corporate line, and simply could not do enough to help and support us strangers either.

No matter what tile experience you have, this is a worthwhile investment in your time to attend, and is highly recommended. We all know and love Ditra 25, but it will really open your eyes to how the other products can genuinely enhance the work you do, and whilst some products are (er) reassuringly expensive, the quality and practicality is probably the best in the industry at the moment - and learning recommended installation methods may actually save you a lot of time too.

L

LM

Just managed to squeeze in another course with Schluter, courtesy of Tileflair (who co-arranged event). The course was mainly about wetroom installation, but with an update on current products and uses.

Training - selection of products, options for installation, products explained, and hands on installation. Interesting on how the profile range is extending, the LED lit trims (Liprotec) look amazing - the possibilities for using it under stair treads/around mirrors, inside alcoves - this is something a lot of customers will love. Also learnt more about installation options with Ditra Heat (electric underfloor heating matting), and hands on practice in the afternoon installing a wetroom. All in all, a tremendous amount of really good training stuffed into a few short hours.

Hospitality - we all kinda expect the company tile trowel, tape measure, notebook, pen and t-shirt given away at the end, and together with a beanie hat, Ditra cutter, and USB charger/torch, there was no disappointment here. What truly astonished me, was the welcome from the staff (in the hotel the night before) and getting whisked off to dinner at a superb local Italian restaurant, and treated to wine and dine. And to cap it all, the MD of the UK operation treated all the staff (i.e. everyone in the building), plus us visitors, to a Domino's pizza lunch (variety of pizzas, salads, and coleslaws) at lunchtime. Its easy to dismiss this all as a very fine corporate treat to get us all to buy into the product range, but all the staff we met seemed to have a genuine companionship with each other, fully supported the corporate line, and simply could not do enough to help and support us strangers either.

No matter what tile experience you have, this is a worthwhile investment in your time to attend, and is highly recommended. We all know and love Ditra 25, but it will really open your eyes to how the other products can genuinely enhance the work you do, and whilst some products are (er) reassuringly expensive, the quality and practicality is probably the best in the industry at the moment - and learning recommended installation methods may actually save you a lot of time too.
Great review Andy, I'd love to get over some time.

Reply to Last Few Places At Schlüter Training Day in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock